What's new

Does Thecus have "personal cloud" feature?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

To answer the original question, the N5550 supports "personal cloud" features via the T-On-The-Go app. It works with Thecus OS5, which the N5550 supports.

Tailuke thank I wanted cloud features within the NAS using DDNS an not through Dropbox or another service. In the end I looked at read and write speeds (the N5550 was better but no "personal cloud") and hardware. I wanted an Intel based system which put similar QNAP systems out as they used ARM based processors and the the equivalent hardware from Synology was just too expensive although I love how simple their interface was. I really liked the N5550 but again no "personal cloud" implementation and reading around their support forums, guides, and online reviews the OS just didn't seem as user friendly for less technical people and the OS was not as polished. I was also a bit worried to have to deal with Thecus customer service after reading many reviews.

To answer the original question, the N5550 supports "personal cloud" features via the T-On-The-Go app. It works with Thecus OS5, which the N5550 supports.

Thanks Tim. I did see that but it was never really clear as to whether it's only available on iOS and Android platforms. I wanted to be able to access from anywhere and any type of hardware including a computer. Of course I'm less technically proficient than most here so I may have missed the obvious

Tailuke thank I wanted cloud features within the NAS using DDNS an not through Dropbox or another service. In the end I looked at read and write speeds (the N5550 was better but no "personal cloud") and hardware. I wanted an Intel based system which put similar QNAP systems out as they used ARM based processors and the the equivalent hardware from Synology was just too expensive although I love how simple their interface was. I really liked the N5550 but again no "personal cloud" implementation and reading around their support forums, guides, and online reviews the OS just didn't seem as user friendly for less technical people and the OS was not as polished. I was also a bit worried to have to deal with Thecus customer service after reading many reviews.

Thank you for the feedback Flowrider. At Thecus were dedicated to providing the best service possible and continue to advance the functionality of our products. We have recently released a new 5-bay, N5810PRO that may spark your interest. For more information, visit our website at www.thecus.com. Thanks again!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!