What's new

Does Tor Browser cause Merlin to crash?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alex3838

New Around Here
Hi All,
Quick question. Often (not always), when I open Tor Browser on either my laptop or desktop, it causes my 87U to crash. It doesn't reboot, but the 2.4 and 5.0 wireless drops, and the PPPOE connection is lost. It takes several minutes for it to regain it's marbles.
This has been happening for several months, over several firmware versions.
Is there something wrong with my router, or is this a known bug?
I've factory reset several times over the period, and used a few different FW version, same issue.

I have the 87u and the 2.4 or 5g never drops for me when i start or use Tor Browser (FW 380.68_4)

Thanks for the reply!
Guess I'm the only one. I can make this happen 100% of the time after the router has been rebooted, it always loses itself the first time a Tor connection is made. I've never had it crash under and other situation. Also running 380.68_4. After the first crash post reboot, it only happens sporadically.
Do you by chance have a PPPOE connection setup within the router, or are you using cable? I'm wondering if it's related to that... Unfortunately I have no other connection at home to test with. At my dads place with a RT-3100 plugged into a cable router in bridge mode, I've never had a problem (also running merlin 380.68_4).
I find it hard to believe there's a hardware fault in my router when this is the only situation I see it crash, but who knows.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!