What's new

Draft 802.11ac Revealed! Buffalo WZR-D1800H AirStation Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well going try something in coding the WiFi for Power300 N+ see if I can push it some more in Android. Right now it's super duper quick! I've also compared:

Samsung Gallaxy II 32GB IS (internal storage) Dual core 1.5GHz, 2GB of RAM, 802.11n Android v4.0.4 smartphone.

Motorola Razer Max 32GB (split 16GB IS & 16GB ES) Dual core 1.2GHz 1GB of RAM 802.11n Android v4.0.4 smartphone

Motorola Drod4 16GB, Dual Core 1.2GHz, 1GB of RAM 802.11n Android 2.3.4

COBY KYROS MID7042 4GB, 1.1GHZ OC, 1GB DDR3 802.11n, Android 4.0.3

Results were almost the same Where as the MID7042 with Power300 N+ had edged over the other 3 smart phones vs a Table in WiFi.

I am looking forward to the 802.11ac implementations and see how that goes.

Yep, but do any of those devices have an 802.11ac MAC/PHY?

When I was in device space, the bottleneck wasn't the MAC/PHY layer, but the interface into the SoC - most handhelds at the time focused on the SDIO interface - better power management compared to PCIe or USB.

Since SDIO has serious bandwidth limitations, the SoC and Wifi chipset vendors will have to find something newer/more power efficient...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5294/why-smartphonestablets-are-limited-to-36mbps-over-wifi

sfx

Higher end tablets will have those features like Toshiba Thrive which I have two of those here dual core features along with the WiFi Chipset. The others are All Winners 1.2GHz, Telechip 1GHz 800MHz Most of these have Atheros 600x series for the main WiFi Chipset. Most are standard WLAN0 interface but there are a lot of jerry rig type using some unknown sub-standard which is WLAP0 interface which does like to play nice with the WLAN0 interface of code commands. But the support for IEE802.11ac is available. but I have that disabled by using the code IEEE802.11ac=0 since that would be more of a Gigabit WiFi feature were as these tablets are only IEEE802.11n=1 or IEEE802.11=g Megabit WiFi.

Thanks for sharing the news brief. Wonder what they use to test their results with?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!