What's new

Draytek 2850n Open Port Question.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

UKEZ

New Around Here
Hiya guys,

I currently have a server plugged up to my Draytek 2850n. I've set up some open ports on my 2850n to enable certain private external servers plotted around internet to communicate with my server via it.

Now my question is, is it possible for me to basically restrict what traffic is allowed in access my routers open ports, then through in to my server?

I hope one of you guys can help...

Last edited:
Possible Solution

Okay, so I found this and have configured my my router as suggested.

First I needed need to allow the incoming traffic through the NAT / Open Ports setting (i.e each of the ports you want to open and use).

Next I needed to setup IP Filters, firstly to Block the Open Port you have just created above and then to Pass the specific IP Address(es) you want to allow. I used the Default Data Filter (Set #2) of my Vigor, then his Filter option #2 (ignore the first default rule) and this Block Filter first:

Enable and Name the Filter
Block If No Further Match <--- is the rule I chose
Direction IN --- I used this--> WAN->LAN/RT/VPN was I right?
Protocol <--- in my case I used UDP
Source any <--- left set to any
Destination <--- I set his to my office server IP, was I right to do that?
Destination Start (Ports) <--- added the ports I needed

This apparently makes the Vigor is now pass the incoming traffic through NAT and Blocks it using the above Filter. In the next filter, #3 set up the following:

Pass rule:
Enable and Name the Filter
Pass Immediately <--- I selected this rule
Direction IN --- I used this--> WAN->LAN/RT/VPN was I right?
Protocol <--- in my case I used UDP
Source IP <--- I set this to the remote offsite server IP range, was that right?
Destination IP <-- I set this to my local office server IP and subnet
Destination Start (Port) <--- added the ports I needed

I then click OK. This Pass Filter is now supposedly passing incoming traffic from the Trusted IP/Server on the Internet to the internal Server IP in my office at the required Port.

The original source for this was from an outdated Dratek page... Please feel free to correct my if you think I've done it wrong....

Last edited: