What's new

DS1513+ Future / Current Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think Synology should get with the Intel EvanSport platform sooner rather than later.

That could give real-time transcoding, media playback, encryption capabilities etc without putting in a dedicated Core i3 processor.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

pushing into products for broadcast/production.

Just ordered the DS1513+ to build a cloud backup solution for all my devices and family iPhones, iPads, etc.

What drives are you guys using? Are the WD Reds sufficient? I currently have WD RE enterprise drives in my DAS and Seagate desktop drives in my Netgear NV+.

Thanks!

my 1813+ has 6 3TB RED's and works great with them. 1513+ should be the same experience.

my 1813+ has 6 3TB RED's and works great with them. 1513+ should be the same experience.

Thanks I may give then a try. Appreciate the feedback!

I really like the 1513+ just need to get it accessible from the outside but the Actiontec router is not supported so I have to do it manually I guess...

Hi guys,

Got myself DS1513+ few weeks ago.
Upgraded RAM to 4GB straight away after unboxing.
Running 5x 4TB WD Red in Raid6.

I have found the device a little too noisy for me. It was due to a PSU Synology is now using.. They have moved from Seasonic to Delta for some reason.. ;(
I've replaced stock Delta PSU with Seasonic SS-250SU APFC F0 (80+ Bronze) which is much more quieter in the operation (it was hell of a mission as the PSU got non standard connectors).

I must say I now LOVE the device!! The performance is great!! :)

And btw- can't wait for the DSM 5 beta to begin. Synology has got a DSM 5 beta event in London on 16th Jan 2014. If you happen to be around that time just register and come along http://www.synology.com/en-uk/events/2014_dsm5.0_beta_uk :)

Regards,

I know it has been some time ago but can you explain how you converted a normal PSU (SS-250SU APFC) to Synology connectors?
I bought a fanless PSU and I have to addapt now the psu to the synology type.

P.D: No response so far so I started my own project

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!