What's new

Dual WAN Bonding Posseble on RT-AC66U ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

osdieman

Occasional Visitor
Hi Peeps.. i am new here and bought lately a new Asus RT-AC66U router..
now i live in Cyprus where my net speed is very slow.. so with this router i want to combine two internet networks...
I already have Dual wan working under " Loadbalancing " option..
this woks fine for torrent downloads.. but now i really would like to see these two networks to be Bonded.. so my internet speed will go up ..
Is there any work around to do this..??

Best regards Osdieman

Last edited:
No - bonding interfaces does a couple of things...

1) Different Service Providers - this can allow one to have fail over if loss of connectivity
2) Same Service Provider - need to have same configs with them - good then... but this is a business issue with your account.

So to answer your question - again - no, but you've got some redundancy if things go wrong...

Hi to both of you and thank you for the awnsers..
@gatorback
I saw that post but that is related to lan connections only... so would not be the right thing to do for me..

What i saw on the net was something about a tp-link router model TL-R470T+ and watched a few video's on youtube.
On those video's they did showed speeding up the connection on a single speed test.. but then i read some reviews where someone said that device isn't really bonding.. so as you can imagine i am a bit confused now lolls...

Anyway i think for now i have to do with " load balancing " .. On P2P it does speed up and i have a fallback this way witch is here on Cyprus not to bad.. loll..

Thanks again gentleman's for both your awnsers..

Best Regards Osdieman..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!