What's new

Dual Wan Port Fowarding not Working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sylvain

New Around Here
Good Afternoon All,

I already post this but in the wrong forum sorry !

I replace my RTN66U working with Merlin firmware in dual WAN with a Asus RT AC3200 also running with Merlin Firmware. With my RTN66U my port forwarding was working perfectly in dual and non dual wan mode.

With the RT AC3200 in non dual WAN my port forwarding are working perfectly and all the port are redirected to the correct computer when accessing service from the internet, at the moment I activate the DUAL WAN, port forwarding stop working. I triple check my setup, my IP for both WAN and they are correct I choose load balacing as I had with the RT66U !.

I really don`t know what am I doing wrong, I power up my old router and check all the setup for the dual wan and I have the same value in both Router !. Both port fowarding really don`t want to work properly with the RT AC3200, I can access the internet without problem everything seem`s to work perfectly, except port forwarding !

Do someone is aware of a problem with the dual wan mode of the Asus RT AC 3200 ?

Using AsusMerlin version 378.53
This was also not working with the original Asus Firmware on the RT AC3200 !

P.S.: When dual wan is on, the light of the primary wan is red, is it normal ?

Any hint will be appreciated
Best Regards,

Sylvain

Hi Again,

Just update the firmware to 378.55 still not working BUT. This is the weird thing, I CAN access all the service from outside, but ALL device directly connected CAN'T access those service. Our Internet site is connected on our LAN, so when I connect my phone to the WIFI of the RT AC3200 , I can't access the Website, If I disconnect from the WIFI, I can connect to the website without a problem ,and it's the same thing for every service ??

I had to revert back to single wan because employee need to access their mail that is hosted here !

REALLY Weird, any hint will be greatly appreciated !

Best Regards,

Sylvain

Should I have to redirect all internal traffic (those port that are forwarded) to my primary WAN ?. If so why I didn't had to do it on my RTN66U. Is it a problem with the loopback feature of the RT AC3200 or I really don't understand the problem ? :0)

Best Regards,

Sylvain

The NAT loopback isn't fully working with a Dual WAN setup. You can try switching between Merlin and Asus's NAT loopback modes to see if it helps.

Good Morning,

Switching from Merlin to Asus cure my problem !. Thank you very much for the tips !

Best Regards,

Sylvain