What's new

Dual Wan Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joshua_

New Around Here
I'm currently thinking in setting up a dual wan load balancing config in my house because my internet connection is really slow...adsl

I opened this thread so you guys can help me with the hardware that i will need and hopefully make it all come together nicely.

My plan is fairly simple but i know next to nothing about networking.

I plan on using my ISP router's and feed them to a dual wan router, what do i need to configure? Disabling wifi and firewall?

Can i make this work with the isp's router and a TP-LINK TL-R470T+?

What i really dont get is how will you add more internet? Will you have another ADSL line and modem? you cant get more speeds out of a single DSL line.
A lot of routers even for consumers will do dual WAN.

I don't understand, I think your trying todo either of this;
a. 2 dsl lines and 2 separate routers [ISP's router and the TP-Link], and/or;
b. 2 dsl lines and bridge/combine the connections to routers?

It probably will be cheaper to increase the bandwidth on one internet pipe than to add another internet pipe. If you want redundancy then make sure the second internet pipe is a different company.

It would be cheaper if the connection could go faster.

I've already contracted another line from the same isp (which is also the only one available)and i'm pretty happy with it! It was a breeze to setup on my cheap TP-LINK router.

I´ve always read that it would not be possible to setup 2 connections from the same isp because they share the same gateway...so i was a little scared before actually hiring another line but in the end it works great :)

Attachments

• dual wan.png
    dual wan.png
    313.5 KB · Views: 492

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!