What's new

Duplicate IP addresses

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Candurin

Occasional Visitor
This is a new one for me and it just started happening (first time in almost 3 years).

Our alarm has always been assigned xxx.xxx.x.46. IP address and there’s been no issues. For the past week or so, my R7800 has also been assigning our Roku the identical IP address, which causes issues communicating with the alarm system.

The alarm is on the 2.4ghz and our Roku is wired.

I had disabled and enabled DHCP and it did reassign the Roku xxx.xxx.x.21 for awhile, but, as of yesterday it is back to xxx.xxx.x.46.

Any suggestions? This has never been an issue before? I’m on .78 of Voxel’s firmware (this started when I was on .77)

Are you reserving the xxx.xxx.x.46 address in DHCP for the alarm, or are you just letting it get whatever address the DHCP server has free?

I just did the address reservation and rebooted the Roku, I’ll see if that addresses it. Never thought to do that!

Edit: Seems to be OK after a reboot. That should be in the manual :)

Thanks for the advice!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!