What's new

Dynamic DNS for Secondary WAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. I have setup Dual WAN as failover and I am using Asus DDNS on my router. When my Primary WAN is up, I can easily connect to my router remotely through the DDNS. But when Primary WAN is down and Secondary WAN is up, DDNS does not work. Shouldn't it automatically update the IP? Is there anything I can do to automatically update DDNS to my Secondary WAN's IP?

Not sure if it will work with the secondary interface, but you can try running this over SSH:

Code:
service restart_ddns

Do you even have a public IP on your second WAN? Mobile Access (and many fixnet too) usually got only CGNAT with 100.x.x.x IP which is not public and DDNS cant work.

Do you even have a public IP on your second WAN? Mobile Access (and many fixnet too) usually got only CGNAT with 100.x.x.x IP which is not public and DDNS cant work.

Yes, I do have a public IP as it is a broadband connection from a different ISP.