What's new

ECB6200 TV/STB Port - No MoCA???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWadle

Occasional Visitor
I am using an Actiontec ECB6200 to create a MoCA network for my TiVo boxes. To my surprise and disappointment, the TV/STB port on the ECB6200 does not seem to carry the MoCA signal. This means I can't connect my TiVo Mini that is in the same room as the ECB6200 via MoCA - I've had to run an Ethernet cable to this TiVo.

What is the point of adding a TV/STB coax port to this M0CA adapter and them not pass MoCA through this port? Ridiculous.

Doesn't the mini operate off of MOCA already from the tuner device ?
Are you running Dish or Direct TV over the same cable ?

If you need ethernet extension, use a bi-directional 5-2000 splitter ahead of the two devices.

Using the TiVo DVR to create the MoCA network requires an Ethernet cable to the DVR in addition to coax. I don't have the option of Ethernet cabling to the location of my DVR (TiVo BOLT). Therefore I have to use a MoCA adapter like the ECB6200 near my wired router to create the MoCA network.