What's new

EdgeRouter Lite Configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chip

New Around Here
Just wondering if your EdgeRouter Lite Configuration article from 2013 is still applicable?

Thanks

Welcome Chip.

Config files generated from older-generation firmware shouldn't necessarily damage anything, but you probably want to lean towards finding something exported from a v. 1.8 or 1.9 generation firmware if possible. I say that because at least a couple new config sections and some light reworkings of others have taken place since that SNB article, so using one of those config files may cause settings adoption conflicts and/or corruption -- most likely not, but I always like to err on the side of safety. ;)

You should be able to find examples on UBNT's forums. I'll also scrounge their site shortly and link to anything I find.

Welcome Chip.

Config files generated from older-generation firmware shouldn't necessarily damage anything, but you probably want to lean towards finding something exported from a v. 1.8 or 1.9 generation firmware if possible. I say that because at least a couple new config sections and some light reworkings of others have taken place since that SNB article, so using one of those config files may cause settings adoption conflicts and/or corruption -- most likely not, but I always like to err on the side of safety. ;)

You should be able to find examples on UBNT's forums. I'll also scrounge their site shortly and link to anything I find.

Thanks

Thanks, I have read the Forshee postings before but still am more than a little intimidated by the CLI.

Chip