What's new

EdgeRouter POE Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWadle

Occasional Visitor
I am using an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter POE configured using the included WAN+2LAN wizard as follows :

Eth0 - Unused
Eth1 - Comcast Internet
Eth2 - PC#1
Eth3 - Actiontec MOCA Adapter
Eth4 - PC#2

Eth2-4 use the samee DHCP server (192.168.2.2-254). Is there any way to configure Eth0 to make it part of the same DHCP network?

Thanks for any assistance.

- John

Remember, the ports on Edgerouters are not switched ports, they're interfaces - best thing to do is use one as LAN, and drop it into a switch (managed is preferred, but any switch will do).

There are ways to make those ports emulate switched ports, and that is outlined in the friendly user documentation.

An Edgerouter X is switched.
I have port eth0 as wan and ports eth1-4 added to switch0 on my ER-X.

But perhaps you have another model of Edgerouter.

My understanding is that ports 2-4 on the Edgerouter POE are switched ports. OP, yes you can bridge Eth0 with ports 2-4 but it will put an extra processing strain on your router as Eth0 is not a switch port like 2-4.

An Edgerouter X is switched.
I have port eth0 as wan and ports eth1-4 added to switch0 on my ER-X.

But perhaps you have another model of Edgerouter.

ERX is not switched by default, but can be configured to make the ports switchable...

See here -- vendor stuff...

https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-x/

Seems like best of both worlds perhaps - there are times were one wants independent interfaces vs. switched ports, and the ERX does both.