What's new

[Solved] Enable LAN login from SSH | samba issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

itarill

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I have two issues with my router, and I'd really really appreciate any help I get:
1. Somehow I blocked LAN access of my router. Now to add to my ignorance, I have not yet backed up the configs because I was not finished with it (but I definitely do not want to start over). I can SSH to the router, but I do not know either the OS or the CLI commands to solve the issues (I could make do with a cisco router, but this I cannot...)

2. I have trouble configuring samba share between the AC56U and the linux mint on my PC. Whenever I configure the share to allow guest login, this works:
[/etc/fstab]
//AC56U/sharename/ /mnt/smb/myfolder cifs credentials=/home/myusername/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

the contents of the cred file are:
[~/.smbcredentials]
username=AddedUserToSambaUsersOnRouter
password=doubleTripleCheckedPasswordAndTheyDoMatch

Whenever I switch off guest login and try mount -a I get an error message saying the share does not exist.

Thanks.

P.S.: thanks for all the Good work, Merlin!

Whenever I switch off guest login and try mount -a I get an error message saying the share does not exist.
That's because when you turn off guest access the path changes (it's just the way Asus does it :rolleyes:)

Guest login On:
\\Rt-ac68u\verbatim\ASUS

Guest login Off:
\\Rt-ac68u\asus

Somehow I blocked LAN access of my router. Now to add to my ignorance, I have not yet backed up the configs because I was not finished with it (but I definitely do not want to start over). I can SSH to the router, but I do not know either the OS or the CLI commands to solve the issues (I could make do with a cisco router, but this I cannot...)

If you configured it to only accept logins from specific IP, disable it with these commands:

Code:
nvram set http_client=0
nvram commit
service restart_httpd

That's because when you turn off guest access the path changes (it's just the way Asus does it :rolleyes:)

Guest login On:
\\Rt-ac68u\verbatim\ASUS

Guest login Off:
\\Rt-ac68u\asus
Thanks. I was able to mount it w/ "Simpler share naming" turned on (I could not manage with the setting turned off, though).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!