What's new

Entware-arm - synced with Entware (mips) 2015.09

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Your not understanding me. I know how to create a simple webpage. I just cannot get my HTML code to actually work. You would think I didn't even paste my HTML code into it. I have no problem having lighttpd work using ubuntu. I think maybe I am editing the wrong index.HTML or something.

Either way I guess I'll just make a thread about it or something.
Send me edited /opt/share/www directory

... Most who have mentioned issues also mention a swap partition ...
AFAIR There are only 2 cases in this thread. One was cased by router overclocking. The second one (my case) is probably cased by slow or bad usb flash drive (I've used it in another router for a couple of years, and repaired file system a couple of times).

All I have built the Entware.arm repository from scratch. The build instructions are the same as for mipel version.
The github project page is here - https://github.com/zyxmon/entware-arm

If I find time today I will try it out. I am a big user of Squid and Privoxy and I have kept my N66 up and running to keep Entware versions running until I could find stable ARM versions.

I can confirm that entware works fine on the AC68U being overclocked at 1200/800 so I assume its to-do with swap or the usb itsself.

Tested entware for 3 days with overclock (1000, 800), with swap and everything its ok. Thank you.

AFAIR There are only 2 cases in this thread. One was cased by router overclocking. The second one (my case) is probably cased by slow or bad usb flash drive (I've used it in another router for a couple of years, and repaired file system a couple of times).

All I have built the Entware.arm repository from scratch. The build instructions are the same as for mipel version.
The github project page is here - https://github.com/zyxmon/entware-arm

I was the person that had the issues with an RT-AC87U being overclocked (to 1200). After setting the router back to 1000, the router (and Entware) are running fine. Entware had no relation to the fundamental problem. The router itself was unstable, not Entware.

Thanks for the replies, i may just make it a weekend project to redo my router and switch from optware to entware.

So far so good, I migrated Squid over from the MIPS version on my N66 to the ARM version on the AC87 and it's been running good for 4 days now. Nano and htop seem to workikng great. I need to configure some custom profile settings to work a bit better with putty but I will copy those from the N66.

I will give Privoxy a shot this weekend but I am a bit worried because last time I ran Privoxy on arm I was getting segment faults randomly but that was with the Asuswrt library. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Update:

Cannot get privoxy to run right. After enabling and testing I receive a log full of these with just one web site visit:

Unable to take any additional connections: Resource temporarily unavailable

I am using the same timeout's and other configuration items that I use on the N66 and that router doesn't have any issues. Pointed my browser back to that router and able to browse again. Anyone else seen this before?

Last edited:
Hello Zyxmon,

First off I would just like to say "Thank you!"

I have Entware-ARM installed onto my Netgear R7000 with DDWRT working great. Currently I have CUPS, Avahi, Python and required Libs installed and setup for an AirPrint server. However iOS printing won't work because CUPS doesn't have the right PDF filters.

Can you please created a package for CUPS-PDF? This is required for getting the AirPrint feature to work right. Plus its just a great overall nice print server feature. With it prints can be saved to a NAS location.

Here are some helpful links about AirPrint, CUPS, and PDF

http://www.micromux.com/2012/10/08/airprint-on-linux-with-ios-6/
http://www.fiorellonj.com/wp/2010/11/airprint-using-ubuntu-server-and-a-network-printer/
https://github.com/tjfontaine/airprint-generate

Thanks,

Robert aka Mrengles

PS. For anyone else wanting to setup the same packages with a DDWRT-K3-ARM device, I had to add the following to my startup script.

sleep 10
# Fix user/group for Avahi
echo "nogroup:x:5:" >> /etc/group
echo "nobody:x:2:2:avahi daemon:/opt/sbin/avahi-daemon:/bin/false:" >> /etc/passwd
# Enable installed Entware-ARM packages at startup
/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start

Last edited:
Curious what the practical limits are of my router (AC56U). Is it realistic for me to run all of these at the same time?

- mysql server (for centralized Kodi/XBMC library database on a HDD connected to the USB3 port)
- rsnapshot or similar nightly incremental backup to 2nd HDD connected to USB2 port
- rtorrent

Listed in order of importance.

Anyone doing some or all of these on the AC56U, or the AC68U which has the same CPU/RAM?

hey zyxmon;

I'm looking to play with strongswan for a wp10 phone. I rebuilt asuswrt-merlin with ipsec=y and bwdpi=n but i get 'unknown symbol' errors with it tries to load ipcomp.ko and your repo doesn't have strongswan-mod-kernel-libipsec for userspace ipsec.

thanks in advance and of course for bringing entware to ARM.

also, irc.dal.net #asuswrt :p

sinshiva Entware (arm, mipsel, x86) is a universal kernel independent repository. You should find a kernel module for your router/firmware somewhere else.
https://github.com/Entware/entware/issues/17

it's not a kernel module, the name lies to you :p - it's an alternative to kernel support

ryzhov_al: I can't include kernel modules into Entware as long as I keep it firmware-independent.
saintdev: it's not a kernel module
saintdev: it's completely userspace
ryzhov_al: Then I have to look why it's not even compiled.
saintdev: kernel-libipsec is a bad name for it, i agree. 'kernel' in this case just means the core ipsec implementation (which is usually handled by the OS kernel)
saintdev: but libipsec is a userspace ipsec implementation that is independent of the OS kernel
ryzhov_al: saintdev: fixed.

On MIPS Entware

Last edited:
@zyxmon

Is their anyway to update the packages in the repo? Specifically I've been playing with 'darkstat' and notice the version is at 3.0.715-3 which is from 2012. On the authors site they have code up to 3.0.719 which was in December 2014.

I was going to make a VM with Ubuntu or something on it to try to cross compile the source to ARM but I figured I would ask first before I got in too deep.

Thanks again for this awesome work!

homer2320776 The best practice to update a package version in Entware is to ask OpenWRT developers to update. Entware (mipsel and arm) sync with OpenWRT once a month. I'll have a look at 'darkstat' when I have time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!