What's new

Entware-arm - synced with Entware (mips) 2015.09

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

homer2320776 The best practice to update a package version in Entware is to ask OpenWRT developers to update. Entware (mipsel and arm) sync with OpenWRT once a month. I'll have a look at 'darkstat' when I have time.

Thanks a bunch, I just recently came from Shibby-Tomato using an RT-N16. Bought the AC68U and the firmware isn't as refined so I switched to Merlin's build of AsusWRT.

Trying to find my bearings and get back some of the features I lost.

Another quick question. Is there a guide anywhere what shows how to compile your own custom packages from source?

I have a VM running debian, I've cloned the git repository, and was able to "make" the toolchain. From there I am lost..

Any help would be appreciated!

I can't help to register a new account and say THANK YOU!

I don't have asus router but netgear R6300V2, and I have successfully installed entware in my router (flushed Kong's dd-wrt m26490, ddwrt firmware of R6300V2 is really hard to find a way to install optware), and it works perfect for days.

I've installed transmission, rsyncd, aria2, htop....

Anyway, zyxmon, thank you!

Entware-arm is synchronized with Entware (mipsel version).
The list of changes is here - https://github.com/Entware/entware/wiki/Changelog (April, 2015)
Hi,

The upgrade generates a bunch of warnings/errors (see below - truncated). Can this be ignored? Or do I need to to something here? :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Code:
Configuring transmission-daemon.
Configuring transmission-web.
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/codecs.py
        But that file is already provided by package  * python-mini
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/pkgutil.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/random.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/token.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/optparse.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/sha.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/collections.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/itertools.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_socket.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/select.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_heapq.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/cStringIO.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/math.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/array.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_random.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_struct.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/strop.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_bisect.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/syslog.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/fcntl.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/time.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/binascii.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_collections.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_functools.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/grp.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/operator.so
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/StringIO.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/stringprep.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/compileall.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/glob.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/tempfile.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/string.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/heapq.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/py_compile.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/dis.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/repr.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/md5.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/fnmatch.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/weakref.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/bisect.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/sre.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/new.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/getopt.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/tokenize.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/pickle.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/keyword.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/popen2.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/copy.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/functools.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/opcode.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/textwrap.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/socket.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/inspect.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/__future__.py

This problem is known. The number, names and contents of python packages changed.
The only way to upgrade is to manually remove python (and python dependent) packages one by one and reinstall them.
run
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep python
and remove packages by "opkg remove ....".

Last edited:
The upgrade generates a bunch of warnings/errors (see below - truncated). Can this be ignored? Or do I need to to something here? :rolleyes:

Code:
Configuring transmission-daemon.
Configuring transmission-web.
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/codecs.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package python-light wants to install file /opt/lib/python2.7/pkgutil.py
That's new python packages naming collision. Please run:
Code:
opkg --force-depends remove python-mini
and upgrade packages in the usual way:
Code:
opkg upgrade

is it possible to use /jffs instead of /opt for libraries ?

I have tried moving /bin /lib etc. to /jffs/, changed PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH but it doesn't work (if I well understood, most of the path to /opt/.. are hardcoded)

I have a R7000 with more than 90Mb of free space on internal flash (mounted as /jffs) and I prefer to use it instead of an external HD.
My goal is to use external HD only for large file/archive so that HD usually is off for almost all of the day. If I use this HD as /opt, it stay on all day.

Thanks in advance

thank you zyxmon, it works !

Unfortunately using this way I loose the possibility to install a lot of large package due to the max size of the internal flash

Is there another way that permit to me to have both jfss (storage on internal flash) and opt (storage on external HD) ?
The best of the best is to have te possibility to install "base" libraries and bin to internal flash and other big (and rarerly used) package to the external HD.

Thanks in advance

Zyxmon/Ryzhov_al,
Any chance we can get an ipk for mediafire-fuse? I noticed it in the list of packages but it does not appear in the opkg file list.
Thanks

Zyxmon/Ryzhov_al,
Any chance we can get an ipk for mediafire-fuse? I noticed it in the list of packages but it does not appear in the opkg file list.
Thanks

It was only recently added by ryzhov_al after we discussed it, and it does not fully work under Entware yet AFAIK.

It was only recently added by ryzhov_al after we discussed it, and it does not fully work under Entware yet AFAIK.
Thanks for the quick response! I am presently using hubicfuse to rsync a photo archive. Mediafire has a good price on 1TB of data. I will keep an eye out if it does get working.

I am running Tomato (Shibby) on my RT-AC68U. It already has the facility for init, start, stop scripts etc (stored in NVRAM). Do I absolutely have to enable JFFS to be able to run Entware on this router ? I am looking at the guide on https://www.asuswrt.eu/how-to-install-entware-arm/ and there seems to be no way around it.

I need to look through the install script to work out what is being written to JFFS as I don't want to wear out that memory.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!