What's new

Entware on Asus BRT-AC828

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zasqw

New Around Here
Greetings to all!!! There are owners of Asus BRT-AC828? At someone it turned out to put the ENTWARE repository on this router. The entire Internet rummaged, but no information not found. I will be grateful to the one who will help.

I think the BRT-AC828 router is Intel based , Entware is not compatible.

No, it runs on Qualcomm IPQ8065 platform. The main processor is hardly a novelty, but products with it are rare. This chip is positioned in the segment of "Internet processors" and has two Krait computing cores with ARM V7 architecture, operating at 1.7 GHz, as well as two cores for processing network packets, whose frequency is 800 MHz. As the met post, that can be put ENTWARE, but not explained, as. and the user does not get in touch.

Still, I was able to install Entware on BRT-AC828. Suddenly someone come in handy. Set on the ssd. I have it as sda1:
Command (without the quotes):

"mount-o bind /mnt/sda1"

"ln-sf /mnt/sda1 /tmp/opt"

"wget -O - http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/installer/generic.sh | sh"
or
"wget-O - http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/installer/alternative.sh | sh"

Then installed the packages I needed:

"opkg install xupnpd"
"opkg install minidlna"

Start services manually:

"/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start"
or
"/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung restart"

Configured the applications. Everything works fine.....
BUT...
...after restarting the router, the opt/ folder is deleted and Entware does not work. Have to re-install Entware and run packages. Now looking for a script to automatically start Entware.
I will be glad of any help on the question or any advice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!