What's new

Err_Connection_Timed_Out error connecting to Netflix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrtb

New Around Here
Hey everyone – quite a weird problem here: I'm on RT-AC68U running firmware version 384.13 and from one day to another connecting to Netflix times out.
I first thought it was Skynet (or Diversion), but no outbound IP gets blocked and when both are deactivated, connection still fails.
Rebooted and disconnected from VPN with no success.
Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks a mil!

Hey everyone – quite a weird problem here: I'm on RT-AC68U running firmware version 384.13 and from one day to another connecting to Netflix times out.
I first thought it was Skynet (or Diversion), but no outbound IP gets blocked and when both are deactivated, connection still fails.
Are you using a VPN to access Netflix? If you are then they have likely detected your VPN or proxy. @Xentrk has a solution for this. I'm away from my computer but do some searching you should find it.

Thanks for looking for this answer, but I'm missing some background on why I would need such a solution.
I can't connect to Netflix even when I deactivate the VPN client on the router, but when connected via ethernet to the Virgin modem it works – how can Netflix block my connection with a timeout this way?
It could be a Netflix issue. Myself and another friend were getting the same error two to three months ago on Fire TV devices. Have not seen it since. Restarting Netflix usually fixed it. On many streaming devices, you can clear cache for the streaming apps which may help.

I've had this problem but only while using a VPN changing the end point locations usually helped me but if it's happening without a VPN then xentrik is most probably right you will just have to wait until Netflix fixes it

Have you tried swapping to a DNS streaming service?

To ensure that the web service is running normally, if it is running normally, check whether the 80 port rule exists, and if the server operator has a security group policy, you also need to add the release 80 port.

This is not a problem with your web-browser, but usually it means that there are problems at the client side, such as internet connection issues or an issue with the server where your web-site is hosted. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error, or similar, can occur not only with Google Chrome browser , but also, with other web browsers. Rebooting your modem or router generally solves this issue and then you can connect to the website. Try the following simple solutions in the order in which they are listed.

• Clear Browser Cache
  • Check your Security programs
  • Restart your router
  • Disable Proxy Settings

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!