What's new

Error locking /var/lock/amas_entry_list.lock: 24 Too many open files

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JDB

Very Senior Member
So a couple of hours ago I noticed my internet was dropping out for a few seconds every few minutes.

Looked at the logs and saw this.

It was FAR more line and those, hundreds in a second or 2, then it would stop and do it again a few minutes later, which I assumed coincided with my drops. Is seemingly related to dnsmasq doing a refresh on connection being re-established (but could equally be something else doing a refresh at the same time).

So I rebooted and it changed to this.

Would print just ~20 instances or so at a time.

I also noted after the reboot WAN reconnections every few mins, so I think my ISP is (/was - seems to have stabilised in the last 40 mins) genuinely having issues, but obviously the router isn't happy either.

A search revealed a few mentions of this but no solutions;

Obviously only of those links is in @Jack Yaz 's spdMerlin thread which I do use. So maybe related to that?

Full anonymised log is here in case anyone wants to see if they can spot anything. The only other things I saw were what looked like crash logs in the previous couple of days, no idea if they are related!

Any and all ideas or suggestions welcome at this point as I'm stumped! Be nice just to know what amas_lib is!?

Cheers :)

Sidenote - I spent 3 times longer trying to write this post with the logs pasted into Spoilers than I did investigating the issue! It seems having file paths triggers the forum to lose it's mind, likely due to spam filtering, only it doesn't say that, just gives a generic 'Ooops' error when you try and post! Given the nature of the forum it would be nice to be able to post logs into threads :)

Forgot to add environmental details...
RT-AC86U running 384_18
3 AiMesh Nodes

Obviously only of those links is in @Jack Yaz 's spdMerlin thread which I do use. So maybe related to that?
As the problem doesn't appear to be intermittent I suggest that you disable or uninstall spdMerlin, reboot and see if the problem has gone away.

As the problem doesn't appear to be intermittent I suggest that you disable or uninstall spdMerlin, reboot and see if the problem has gone away.
times look too sporadic to be spdmerlin which runs either half hourly or hourly, using a user defined minute past the hour. I'll be surprised if it's the cause.

Bump to bring back up again. @JDB did you ever find what was the cause?

I am getting
Code:
Sep 29 18:52:27 RT-AC86U amas_lib[1396]: Error locking /var/lock/amas_node_list.lock: 0 Already locked
Sep 29 18:52:27 RT-AC86U amas_lib[1396]: Error unlocking -1: 9 Bad file descriptor
Sep 29 18:52:27 RT-AC86U amas_lib[1396]: Error locking /var/lock/amas_node_list.lock: 0 Already locked
Sep 29 18:52:27 RT-AC86U amas_lib[1396]: Error unlocking -1: 9 Bad file descriptor

In my log and constant internet drops.

PS. Also a AC86U with an AI Mesh node attached.

No sorry, it seemed to just stop on mine. It was definitely related to unstable WAN, so I'd presume if that issue with my ISP came back it would too.

No sorry, it seemed to just stop on mine. It was definitely related to unstable WAN, so I'd presume if that issue with my ISP came back it would too.

Ok thank you for the reply, I have disabled spdMerlin and so far the error has gone but I will keep an eye on it. Strange that we cant find any info as to what amas_lib actually is. Thanks again.

UPDATE:

Its not a spdMerlin issue as even with that disabled the error still happens.

Last edited:
Futher to last night the log this morning shows the error in a block to do with DNSMasq and Diversion.

Code:
Sep 30 01:42:30 RT-AC86U spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 361.54 Mbps (data used: 382.8 MB) - Upload: 36.82 Mbps (data used: 35.8 MB)
Sep 30 02:00:01 RT-AC86U kernel: echo (13640): drop_caches: 3
Sep 30 02:00:02 RT-AC86U rc_service: service 14299:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Sep 30 02:00:02 RT-AC86U custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart dnsmasq)
Sep 30 02:00:03 RT-AC86U custom_config: Appending content of /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add.
Sep 30 02:00:03 RT-AC86U custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Sep 30 02:00:03 RT-AC86U Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings
Sep 30 02:00:03 RT-AC86U stubby[15128]: Read config from file /etc/stubby/stubby.yml
Sep 30 02:00:03 RT-AC86U uiDivStats: dnsmasq has restarted, restarting taildns
Sep 30 02:00:04 RT-AC86U amas_lib[1393]: Error locking /var/lock/amas_node_list.lock: 0 Already locked
Sep 30 02:00:04 RT-AC86U amas_lib[1393]: Error unlocking -1: 9 Bad file descriptor
Sep 30 02:00:05 RT-AC86U uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
Sep 30 02:00:09 RT-AC86U username: Started taildns from .
Sep 30 02:00:26 RT-AC86U Diversion: updated Standard blocking list from 1 hosts files, 56938 domains are now blocked
Sep 30 02:00:26 RT-AC86U kernel: echo (17238): drop_caches: 3
Sep 30 02:00:26 RT-AC86U Diversion: updated and reset weekly ads counter: 623 total, 623 this week, 623 new since last count
Sep 30 02:00:26 RT-AC86U Diversion: reset dnsmasq log files (weekly cron job)
Sep 30 02:12:00 RT-AC86U spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface

Does this look like an issue that us caused by Diversion?

Update:

This issue was because I had an AI Mesh node that was setup on the main mesh router with a static IP.

After removing the DHCP static setting and removing/adding the node the error has now gone.

Thanks all

Disregard: I found a suggestion elsewhere on here about disabling UIDIVSTATS for Diversion. That seems to have stopped it.
--------
I don't understand. I have the same issue. All of my aimesh nodes have IP's that are NOT PRESENT in the configured to LAN->DHCP SERVER->MANUAL ASSIGNMENT -> "Manually Assigned IP addresses in the DHCP scope".

I'm not following what a dhcp static setting is or how you setup an AIMESH with a Static IP within the DHCP range.

Last edited: