What's new

ES File Explorer using smb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Markfree

Regular Contributor
Hi fellows

At home, I use samba to access my usb drive attached to Asus Router AC87u (Merlin firmware). I'm also able to access my files using any browser through Internet.
I often use ES Explorer on my phone and wanted to connect it to my router.

Using ES, I tried adding a Webdav connection, but it only shows the main directory and it won't open. I'm only able to access my files through ES while connected directly on my LAN. Whenever I try to access my files using webdav outside my LAN, ES gives me the error "Unexpected response".

Do you peaple think that is something related to my router configuration, which is default, or it's an ES Explorer problem? Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks.

You should be able to use ES Explorer as a plain SMB client, not through Webdav. I never used it with a disk shared by the router, but I've used it a few times to access a share on my desktop.

If you use AiCloud, then you could also use the Android AiCloud application for remote access to your shares.

You should be able to use ES Explorer as a plain SMB client, not through Webdav. I never used it with a disk shared by the router, but I've used it a few times to access a share on my desktop.

If you use AiCloud, then you could also use the Android AiCloud application for remote access to your shares.

I guess it`s something wrong with ES Explorer, since other applications work fine with webdav.

Thanks for the time spent

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!