What's new

Extending wifi network with two RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

st5

New Around Here
I have two Asus RT-AC68U routers that I want to use to extend the wifi network in my house. The current network that is setup is utilizing an Apple Time Capsule. I want to be able to use the internet connection from the Time Capsule to create my own private wifi connection using the Asus routers. However it seems the only options available to me via wired or wireless is to connect to the current network and use network settings already established by the Time Capsule. Is there a way I can circumvent the setup wizard to create my own private network?

I have two Asus RT-AC68U routers that I want to use to extend the wifi network in my house. The current network that is setup is utilizing an Apple Time Capsule. I want to be able to use the internet connection from the Time Capsule to create my own private wifi connection using the Asus routers. However it seems the only options available to me via wired or wireless is to connect to the current network and use network settings already established by the Time Capsule. Is there a way I can circumvent the setup wizard to create my own private network?

If you can connect one or both of the AC68s to your primary router you could double NAT the AC68s behind the primary router. If you want to use WiFi it will only be readily doable if you use a pair of routers to create a wireless bridge then another router at the far end of the link and double NAT it.

Is there no way I can create a private network with the asus router and have the time capsule router provide internet?