What's new

External USB Drive Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

utamav

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I've been running Rmerlin on my RT-AC68U from day one. A few days back I performed an upgrade to
RT-AC68U_380.66_6 firmware. After the upgrade the external drives started having issues. I have 2 drives (with external power source) connected to my router. One in USB 3.0 port and other in USB 2.0. Both of the drives are USB 3.0 compliant.

Now when I plug them in, the drives won't be recognized. LEDs in the front of the router that indicates a connected drive lights up when a drive is connected. But when I remove the drive, the indicator still shows drive is connected.

I logged into the CLI of the router and df does not show the drive connected. Not sure what's going on or if others have seen this issue.

I also tried upgrading to the latest build RT-AC68U_380.67_0 but still no luck. I want to know if others have experienced this issue before I try a rollback.

Please ignore. Maybe just a coincidence, but looks like my HDD crapped out during the upgrade.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!