What's new

Extollo LANSocket 1500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trip

Very Senior Member
While researching AV2-MIMO solutions, I stumbled on the LANSocket 1500. It appears SNB hasn't earkmarked it yet, so I figured I'd mention it here.

CNET seems to like it. Not many reviews on Amazon yet.
At a street price of $90, it appears to be one of the better values for $/throughput.

Thoughts? :)

Last edited:
I'd be wary of putting much faith in the CNET review, especially since their only test is by plugging in the adapters on electric sockets a mere 10 feet apart.

It seems like its using the same chipset as the D-Link DHP-701AV but is being sold for cheaper and with an electric pass-through. So it might be worth it to check out Tim's review of the D-Link unit to give you a more comprehensive picture.

Just because it is the same chipset doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Firmware and peripheral components can make or break any networking device. It might be awesome, but I would not place my faith in a single review of an unknown budget company.

agree.. a lot depends on the rho (goodness) of the power amp, LNA.
A good PA for OFDM is expensive, dominating the product cost.
So you know where corners are cut.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!