What's new

Factory reset on power outage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elorimer

Part of the Furniture
I have an N66 running .55 on a UPS. Last night we had a power outage of an hour or so, during which I turned off the UPS to stop the beeping. We had two short-lived restorations of a couple of seconds, and then the power came on. This morning I turned the UPS on. When the N66 came back up, it had reset itself to factory defaults.

Thanks to John's script (I hadn't saved the config) it was no problem to get back to normal, but I am curious why this would have happened. Usually if I unplug the router and plug it back in, it just reboots to its NVRAM settings.

Maybe the power outage mimicked Asus' hidden reset to default power on / off pattern? :)

Seriously though, I would flash the same firmware again and then manually and minimally configure it rather than using any saved backups. What happened there just isn't normal or expected.

But... if the N66 is connected to the UPS always, when the UPS is turned off, power to N66 is completely cut off even during the moment of two short-lived restorations.

It's probably caused by dark force, pls report to ROG..

got the same issue. Live in Florida and FPL sux. Gonna reflash the firmware later on and do a complete wipe.

Just checking but on the UPS did you have the N66U power supply connected to the battery side? What about the modem?