What's new

Fail Over on Load Balance Dual Wan Configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

speedypidz

New Around Here
Hi all,

Sorry for my English unfortunately it's not my mother tong :).

So due to my poor ADSL connection i just bought an Huawei E5810 4G routeur, and i wanted to use my ASUS RT-AC87U Dual Wan feature to load balance my client connections to internet.
But i was surprised by one thing, the watchdog available on the Fail Over mode disappear on the Load balance mode, and the more worse is that in Load Balance Mode if your internet routeur loose connection, the Asus routeur still can send requests to the failed internet routeur, its quite stupid.

Is there a solution to overcome this problem ?

Did Eric will implement that in his futur release of his superb firmware ?

thank you for your answers

Regards

Nicolas

Hi all,

Sorry for my English unfortunately it's not my mother tong :).

So due to my poor ADSL connection i just bought an Huawei E5810 4G routeur, and i wanted to use my ASUS RT-AC87U Dual Wan feature to load balance my client connections to internet.
But i was surprised by one thing, the watchdog available on the Fail Over mode disappear on the Load balance mode, and the more worse is that in Load Balance Mode if your internet routeur loose connection, the Asus routeur still can send requests to the failed internet routeur, its quite stupid.

Is there a solution to overcome this problem ?

Did Eric will implement that in his futur release of his superb firmware ?

thank you for your answers

Regards

Nicolas

Dual wan functionality has always been a problem. I use Fileover option but the router is too slow to switch from adsl modem to Huawei usb. The best way for me is to "refresh" the router with a script that identify that PPP connection is down (adsl down) and force the router to restart wan service. You can try with a small script i think.

Hi tester83,

Thanks for your answer, i'm not really expert on sh script, so i hope somewone could help me. I already tried some test, with the idea to force my asus router to use the up connection.

The two WAN interfaces are vlan2 and vlan3. i tried to put one of the interface down via un Ifconfig Down to see if the router can route all the request on the only Wan interface up, but not, it don't work.

Could you share you script, i'm interested by it.

Regards

Nico

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!