What's new

Feature Idea - Multiple DDNS registrations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Overkill

New Around Here
It would be nice if we could register multiple DDNS entries; one asuscomm, one DynDNS, etc. How hard would it be to add this in?

It would be nice if we could register multiple DDNS entries; one asuscomm, one DynDNS, etc. How hard would it be to add this in?

Already possible through a custom DDNS script.

I already have a custom script updating multiple DDNS. Don't see the need for it in the GUI too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For people who aren't familiar with or capable of scripting? I know that these communities are more focused around people capable of doing the scripting, but it's nice not to need to do the scripting if the GUI will handle it for you. I don't mind it, I just looked at it in the GUI after switching over to Merlin's builds and thought "you know what would be nice here...adding multiple objects instead of just one" and figured I'd post the idea.

Killer work btw, was having some DNS issues with the more recent vanilla builds and they went right out the window!

If you are needing more than 1 DDNS you can probably edit a script too. It's pretty niche.
Either that or just ask here and plenty will share what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ "in the GUI" =)

The internal design isn't meant to handle more than one "primary" DDNS. Changing this is beyond the scope of this project (and also as pointed out, a very niche need).

or you can use https://dnsomatic.com/ as your DDNS server. It will then update many other DDNS records for you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online