What's new

Feature Request: Export/Import DHCP Manual Addresses and Port Forwarding Config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ninja888

Occasional Visitor
When changing routers (different Asus models), I usually manually configure the new router from the old's settings in the Web GUI. There doesn't seem to be a way currently to mass configure the DHCP Manual Addresses (LAN -> DHCP Server -> Manually Assigned IPs) and Port Forwarding (WAN -> Virtual Server / Port Forwarding -> Port Forwarding List) config in the GUI. The options currently seem to be either import ALL config or manually configure each item individually?

So I wondered whether it was possible to add a feature to Export and Import just these settings to a simple CSV file directly from their Web Pages - This would certainly speed initial configuration up and help with Config Management.

Thanks for your consideration!

Simple solution for DHCP Static List.

More compete but that are some things that can go very wrong so read instructions carefully!

Not sure about Port Forwarding list, but personally I would use Xentrks dhcpstaticlist.sh script, select option 4 and have all the DHCP static addresses and host names put into a dnsmasq.conf.add file.
Then, simply edit this file when you want to add/modify/delete assignments. Once you make a change, simply restart DHCP - no reboot required. I use Jack Yaz scmerlin script to restart DNS since I can never remember the proper service restart command!

I haven't used the nvram DHCP lease settings for a few years. Frees up nvram space and the dnsmasq.conf.add file is much more portable.

Unlikely. If the door is open for one specific setting, then people will start asking to also add it for X, Y and Z, and it will never end.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!