What's new

Few questions regarding Asus DSL-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

beardofturtles

Occasional Visitor
Just purchased and installed an Asus DSL-AC88U and have some questions:
  1. Is this right that the DSL version doesnt come up Beamforming or Mu-Mimo? Seems weird as they are practically the same unit except the DSL has a modem built in. Bit gutted its missing those features, am I missing out on a lot?
  2. I have both the RT and DSL units and the RT antennas were a bit sturdier so I've swapped them out, however it occured to me these may not be the same antennas? Will it make a difference? (RT unit doesnt work with ADSL so having to sell it)
  3. Could be the antenna issue but im not very impressed with the wifi range (one of the reasons I swapped my BT HH for the asus in first place). Seems about the same as the Home Hub 5 so is there likely an issue or a setting i need to change? Wondering if it could be the antennas?
  4. Following on from the above, can i just swap the antenna while the unit is switched on?
  5. Started messing about with QoS and noticed there isnt a way to priortise my PC/direct ethernet connection where I want online games prioritised. I have to pick the specific PC game i want priortised?
  6. Is there anyway to improve my Ping for online gaming? I already have a direct cat7 shielded ethernet cable from the PC to the router which gave me about 35 with the Home Hub but is now around 200.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!