What's new

Firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50302 on DSL-AC68U causes unstable VDSL connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LuRcH

Occasional Visitor
I know that majority don't have DSL versions of the router, but thought would post as from trying to deal with ASUS they not seem bothered.

My VDSL connection has been stable ever since got the DSL-AC68U in 2015, however soon as upgraded to 3.0.0.4.382_50302 within 10 minutes it began losing sync every couple of minutes and renegotiating. Tried factory resetting and it continued to do the same. Soon as downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.380_7712-ga519811 it was stable again.

Tried factory resetting before upgrading firmware again, then factory resetting after the upgrade and the DSL dropping every few minutes returned again, which then caused ISP to have DLM and interleaving kick in. Used the feedback tool to pull logs about the connection for ASUS. Once downgraded the firmware again connection has been stable since and after a couple of weeks the profile with my ISP has recovered.

In the unlikely event that anyone else here is using a DSL-AC68U or similar have they had similar issue with the firmware? As due to risk of VPNFilter would like to be on the latest firmware, but as for me the DSL-AC68U on 3.0.0.4.380 is amazing for me, especially due to the location of phone socket and power outlets where router with built in modem is really my only viable option.

you can try to get support on whatsyourrouter.com/forum, DSL: whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
UK_Sentinel and Babis3G know a lot about them since asus closed their vip-forum where you could get support till a month ago.

Ive been having same issues on IPOE connection through most recent firmwares...did diagnostic logs worked with Asus...still same issue (NBN Australia) Ended up bridging it to another modem and issues went away. My DSL AC68U is about the same age as yours.

you can try to get support on whatsyourrouter.com/forum, DSL: whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
UK_Sentinel and Babis3G know a lot about them since asus closed their vip-forum where you could get support till a month ago.
Thanks Grisu, I've joined and posted there. Had used the ASUS vip-forum a couple of times in the past, not sure why ASUS thought it'd be good idea to close the forum, presume partly down to time and effort to keep it secure and sort it out for GDPR due to the timing of it closing.

no, because their ROG-forum survived without any change or to mention GDPR and all other EU-forums too.
There are no personal information or data related to GDPR in a forum-account.
And they still have all my data stored as my account is still alive (to register devices)!!!

more like their strategy to close all their source code step by step and dont want customers telling problems online!

Ive been having same issues on IPOE connection through most recent firmwares...did diagnostic logs worked with Asus...still same issue (NBN Australia) Ended up bridging it to another modem and issues went away. My DSL AC68U is about the same age as yours.
Sorry, but that cannot be any solution to your problem to degrade a modem to pure router functionalities!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!