What's new

Firmware 384.8_2 not loading Facebook images/videos

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cricket-RJ

New Around Here
Dears,

From time to time my Asus RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8_2 firmware stops loading images and videos from Facebook. Sometimes is Whatsapp images and videos, and other times are GMail that stop working.

This happens using hard wired or WiFi connection over more than one computer or device.

If I use my phone 4G network, things works instantaneously. If I use my network provider modem directly (wired or WiFi), it will also work normaly. So it's clear to me that the problem is something within Merlin.

I've tried disabling firewall, AiProtection, changed DNS, cloned netowork provider mac address... Nothing is working.

The weirdest thing is that it happens from time to time. But Facebook isn't working well for 5 days now.

Any toughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

The IP address handed out from your ISP has probably been blacklisted. Next time it happens, try powering down both the modem and router for about 15 minutes which should force a new address.
But when I connect it straight from ISP modem it works.

I'll try it anyway. Thanks.

When you connect directly to the modem, you will get a different IP
That solved the issue. Thank you very much. But since I did that before, I don't know what was different this time. May be even with disconnecting the ISP modem before it didn't release the previous IP.