What's new

Firmware restoration problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Norbi

New Around Here
I was using the latest Merlin firmware 380.60 for AC87U and for a couple a days it worked but I don't know why its not working anymore.The router is in rescue mode the power LED is blinking slowly I've tried to restore with there utility the latest firmware but i get invalid IP address on there application .My computer says that the network cable is unplugged its not communicating with the router.I've alocated a static IP address like in there tutorial but there is no error on there picture that cable is unplugged I can't upload the firmware.

Which version of 380.60 exactly?

Did you happen to do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing the version you wanted it running, before it crashed?

What other services and features where you using on the router?

Did you try different LAN ports to try to connect? Do not use the WAN port and try connecting after rebooting the router after you have left it off and unplugged from the AC outlet for some time.

Also remove any USB devices that are still attached.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Yes.Somehow it booted normally.Strange.I sold the router and bought the latest Asus one.Thanks for the help anyway.