What's new

Flashing ASUS RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joery

New Around Here
Hello,

I am trying to flash my ASUS router with the "Firmware Restoration" utility provided by ASUS.

First I booted into rescue mode, then I uploaded the image with the utility.

After it's finished it says: 'Failed to connect to the wireless router. Check if the router's LED is blinking which denotes that the router is in rescue mode.' in the utility.

The power LED is off afer that message appears.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I am trying to flash my ASUS router with the "Firmware Restoration" utility provided by ASUS.

First I booted into rescue mode, then I uploaded the image with the utility.

After it's finished it says: 'Failed to connect to the wireless router. Check if the router's LED is blinking which denotes that the router is in rescue mode.' in the utility.

The power LED is off afer that message appears.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

If you booted into "rescue" mode, open your browser at 192.168.1.1 and upload the firmware through the cfe mini web server.

Also, when flashing the RT-N66U via Rescue Mode be prepared to wait ~45 minutes or more for it to complete. The RT-N66U is known to be slow when flashing in this mode.