What's new

Forgot router login Password Ac3100 running Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JustinHu

New Around Here
Sorry for the ameteur question here...
I've somehow forgotten my router login password, and am unsure of how to proceed. I've read that I can do a reset using the reset button, and this would reset the router to default and once again make the login admin/admin.

I guess my question is, since it's flashed with Merlins software, will the router need to be reflashed to merlin again after a reset? Do I have to worry about bricking it when resetting? Or will Merlins software still be on there after the reset, and the reset simply resets the login credentials.

Once again, sorry for being a noob. Any wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yes you can reset it it only will erase the router configuration it won't delete anything else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Yes you can reset the router the default username and password and all your setting configuration will be wipe out as far merlin firmware will stay the same

Yes you can reset the router the default username and password and all your setting configuration will be wipe out as far merlin firmware will stay the same

Thank you so much!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!