What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Running fine, nothing unusual seen in syslog. :)

:D Thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping that the lack of other feedback indicates others are having good luck as well (people usually aren't shy about reporting problems)

:D Thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping that the lack of other feedback indicates others are having good luck as well (people usually aren't shy about reporting problems)

Exactly.
Would be nice, if they use it, to simply leave a message.

That way you can also get a 'user verified' for the RT-AC56U and RT-AC66U.

Up 14 hours on an AC66R so far. No errors or unexpected messages in the System Log. Operating in a very crowded 2.4GHz wifi environment with four other 5GHz neighbor's routers visible.
Only my phone uses 2.4GHz so I don't have much data on it's performance. Everything else is hardwired or 5GHz (40MHz BW) which has been rock solid with no dropouts or slowdowns that I've noticed.

I don't use IPV6 or VPN or anything beyond what I'd call basic router functionality so I can't comment on those features.

I had rolled back from Merlin's 376.44 not because of any issues. It worked fine but if ASUS is going to start quietly crippling functionality (I don't remember an official announcement) what else are they going to try to "fix"...quietly. Think Cisco stealth update and privacy fiasco a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the fixes to 374.43!

My iPV6 seems to be borked; am getting this error in the Syslog on boot up:

rdnssd[396]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

When I try to turn it on and off in the GUI, the router hangs.

I'm with Comcast and an RT-N66u. Worked in Merlin 343_0.

When i get a chance I'll flash back to see if it could be a comcast issues, but the freeze is still real.

My iPV6 seems to be borked; am getting this error in the Syslog on boot up:

rdnssd[396]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

Are you using DNSfilter?

If so, this could be the first time you were actually trying to access an IPV6 nameserver. One of the fixes I picked up enabled IPV6 nameservers if you were using DNSfilter in bypass (No filtering) mode.

If you are using DNSfilter, try disabling it to see if it resolves the problem.

No, I am not using DNSFilter.

I confirm now that on rollback to 343_0 it works, on roll forward it stops working.

I am not clearing the NVRAM.

Everything else seems solid. The only sign of instability that changing IPv6 settings crashes the router.

Another AC66U here, also holding out on .43 for the wireless freedom.

So far so good. All my entware packages work, wireless is normal, networkmap works, and the system log is positioned correctly.

If this project stays current, I nominate this post for a sticky. Thanks dev.

...man thanks for the efforts!
I moved over from .42 because of the openssl update/fixes, as I rely on openVPN support.

One quirk:
minidlna reports itself as running in the UI but there is no process after reboot.
A manual stop/start via GUI makes it kick in.
..not specific to this build as I had these in the previous Merlin builds as well, but wonder why that is (nothing in the logs).

..keep up the good work!
+1 for making this a sticky thread

regards,
Ford

Working fine on Ac68U as expected
Thanks, i wanted to compile .43_2 and disable syslog on jffs at first then at a later changes see if i can merge some fixes. I stopped at the first stage since the firmware didn't compile on my Ubuntu 13.04 and didn't have time and patience to fix the problem..

Last edited:
Edited topic title to better identify it and made it sticky.

For those of you not yet ready to update to the latest 376.44 release, I have created an incremental update (fixpack) to 374.43_2. This build ONLY backports some of the fixes of the later Merlin builds back to the 374.43_2 build. (Keeping it simple for my first release attempt, a great way for me to learn git/GitHub, and maybe make a small contribution back to the user community)

I have no way to test on all models of router, so builds other than the AC68U are being made available UNTESTED. They all compiled OK, but remember there is always a chance bad things could happen.... For the AC68U/R, I've been running my builds for over a month without problems.

Hope some of you find it useful.

374.43_2-01j9527 (13-August-2014)
- Source: https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin : branch 374.43_2-update
- Desc: Incremental update to remap fixes from 376.44+, update1 (01)

- FIXED: System Log wouldn't properly be positioned at the bottom (Patch by John9527)
- FIXED: DNSFilter clients configured to bypass DNSFilter would still be prevented from using an IPv6 DNS.
- FIXED: Incorrect IPv6 prefix if not a multiple of 8 (patch by NickZ)
- FIXED: OpenVPN firewall cleanup was missing rules (patch by sinshiva)
- FIXED: Minidlna issues with Philips smart TVs
- FIXED: Miniupnpd error flood in Syslog when using a Plex server on your LAN (fix from upstream)
- FIXED: Miniupnpd NAT-PMP errors (fix from upstream)
- CHANGED: Updated openssl to 1.0.0n

Download --> http://1drv.ms/1nS0ctH

README-merlin-fork.txt
RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-01j9527.trx ..(Not tested).......MD5: 31596F03F96380D3F743C29ADE6F16BB
RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-01j9527.trx ..(User Verified.....MD5: 48FF7345C71F242BCBC9B92FAB3D6D47
RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-01j9527.trx ..(Tested)...........MD5: 1FDF81B8EB35A9630A1CCBCBCEBF7FCA
RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-01j9527.trx ...(User Verified)....MD5: E10E98C4F6CF380B00712A6A6BEEE2A1

This is awesome. Assuming you are going to keep this going, I'd suggest using a sub version to identify what bug fixes from merlin's latest branch you are bringing in. E.g. 374.43.45 and 374.43.46 etc.

Working fine on Ac68U as expected
Thanks, i wanted to compile .43_2 and disable syslog on jffs at first then at a later changes see if i can merge some fixes. I stopped at the first stage since the firmware didn't compile on my Ubuntu 13.04 and didn't have time and patience to fix the problem..

Asus has a very touchy codebase that generally only works well with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, here's my build script for reference on setting up a clean install.

This is awesome. Assuming you are going to keep this going, I'd suggest using a sub version to identify what bug fixes from merlin's latest branch you are bringing in. E.g. 374.43.45 and 374.43.46 etc.

I'll have to think a bit about that one....

But just to make sure my intentions are clear on this fork....it's not intended to chase every fix/function that becomes available. I'm hoping to keep it up with any security related updates and fixes which may crop up that affect many users or common environments. I'd like it to be stable to the point where once you set things up, you basically forget about it.

Yes, but you should do a factory reset afterwards....

factory reset as u mean is it the Factory default under the save setting?

what if i don't? will there be any issues?

can i save the setting and restore after factory reset?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!