What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin on Broadcom MIPS RT-N series

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pre-mod8-1 test builds

based on RMerlin 378.50 final (378.4129 ASUS)

issues:
- not work status icons (wifi, wan, etc.) - finding solution
- OpenVPN server and client not autostart after reboot if enabled - finding solution

changes:
- if JFFS enabled store OpenVPN certificates and keys on JFFS (that free some nvram)
(return OpenVPN and SNMP for related builds)
- for 4Mb flash routers added SSH

4Mb flash routers:
RT-N10D1
RT-N10PV2
RT-N12
8Mb flash routers:
RT-N53
16Mb flash routers:
32Mb flash routers:
RT-N16

Last edited:
I've test the last pre-mod8-1 image against a RT-n53 and indeed the port forwarding now is working but I wasn't able to activate the sshd. Is sshd working on your side ?
Also i can confirm that all the status icons are not working( WAN connected, DDNS, Wireless enable etc)

pre-mod8-2 test builds

changes:
- fixed: not work status icons
- fixed: OpenVPN server and client not autostart after reboot if enabled
- fixed: SSH not want start
- fixed: 4Mb image not flash due size. remove some images from webui and reduce quality some other images
- for 4MB flash routers added Repeater mode (not sure it work)
- fixed: for RT-N10U and RT-N15U image size reduced. previously size block JFFS work.

4Mb flash routers:
RT-N10PV2
RT-N10D1
RT-N12
8Mb flash routers:
RT-N10P
RT-N10U
RT-N12B1
RT-N12C1
RT-N12D1
RT-N12HP
RT-N12HP_B1
RT-N12VP
RT-N15U
RT-N53
16Mb flash routers:
RT-N14UHP
32Mb flash routers:
RT-N16

Last edited:
Can't find the pre-mod8-1 for RT-N16 on the ftp

Hi again. In your post for the pre-mod8-1 you stated the RT-N16 as a 32M router, at the end, but in the folder for that build, the RT-N16 is missing.

Is the first time when I'm leaving the Asuswrt-Merlin running on my RT-n53 router.
The status icons are working, SSH working - let's see how stable it is the build.

I've started initially with the default firmware(from January-2015) but after a short period I need to change it due to the stability problems - I had reboots at every 2-8 hours. Until now I used Tomato-Shibby which is very stable but it is having the well known bandwidth limitation.
I will come back if I see something wrong.

Thank you for the involvement and keep going.

PS: I've tried all yours last 3-4 builds and at the end when I've tried to come back to other image the Web upgrade didn't work and the only solution was to use the Asus Recovery Utility. Is the same behavior obtained also with the official firmware, but I see that on the Tomato side everything works fine.

Hi again. In your post for the pre-mod8-1 you stated the RT-N16 as a 32M router, at the end, but in the folder for that build, the RT-N16 is missing.

I hope today

PS: I've tried all yours last 3-4 builds and at the end when I've tried to come back to other image the Web upgrade didn't work and the only solution was to use the Asus Recovery Utility.

I hope I solved problem with upgrade from webui in last build. upgrade require some ime (15-20 secs) to start upgrade. some times upgrade not start, but after again enter to webui and reboot - upgrade successfull.

Last edited:
Do you know how I can permit more than one webui session ? Some times I need to access the router from wireless or ethernet and if the previous session is still active/idle I cannot authenticate and the message is something "Disconnect first old session"

pre-mod8-2 test builds

changes:
- fixed: not work status icons
- fixed: OpenVPN server and client not autostart after reboot if enabled
- fixed: SSH not want start

4Mb flash routers:
8Mb flash routers:
RT-N53
16Mb flash routers:
32Mb flash routers:
RT-N16

Thanks Andrey. Just loaded this on my RT-N53. So far so good!

Do you know how I can permit more than one webui session ? Some times I need to access the router from wireless or ethernet and if the previous session is still active/idle I cannot authenticate and the message is something "Disconnect first old session"

on Administration page exist AutoLogout parameter - by default 30 minutes. you can set to 10 or 5 minutes.

--------------------------

added images for all supported routers.

- mod8 18.02.2015

- Based on Merlin 378.51 alpha (ASUS 3.0.0.4.378_4129) source
- add support to 4MB flash routers RT-N10D1, RT-N10PV2, RT-N12
a) DualWAN support
b) add PPTP VPN server and client
c) add SSH
d) Merlin Tools->Sysinfo & RunCmd
e) Merlin Wireless Survey
limitations:
() webui: some images low quality, some images removed
() webui: only English language
() no JFFS
() no CIFS
- 5G support on RT-N53 now work!
- OpenVPN: if JFFS enable - store keys and certificates in JFFS. only one server and one client
- webui: Administration page - reworked swap options, add USB installed apps options
fixed (I hope): RT-N10U, RT-N53 not upgraded by webui

Last edited:
Simplest method would probably to use Github
o.png

- mod8a 20.02.2015

- Based on Merlin 378.51 alpha (ASUS 3.0.0.4.378_4129) source
- only for USB models
- reworked script prep-ext-kit.sh
а) now you can make new install with disk repertiotion or only upgrade webkit (thahs needed after firmware version change)
Upgrade:
prep-ext-kit.sh asusware upgrade
prep-ext-kit.sh entware upgrade
Install:
prep-ext-kit.sh asusware install
prep-ext-kit.sh entware install
or
prep-ext-kit.sh asusware install 384
prep-ext-kit.sh entware install 512
at option install flash drive or external disk repartition on two volume:
1. ext3 for correct work services with accsess rights. size of partition sets by command in MBytes or by default 256MB.
2. second partition formatted to NTFS for store data
б) now link for download webkit definied from firmware version
- add TOR (Transparent Proxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!