What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin on Broadcom MIPS RT-N series

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi again,

i've tried your mod8 and i cant access http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_OperationMode_Content.asp to change the operation mode to repeater

RT-N12, RT-N12B1 and RT-N12C1 have hardware switch for Operation mode
uIZz7D2LidZEpClu_500.jpg

and that's why page Operation Mode and menu was deleted.

I return this page for RT-N12 D1

Andrey, love the updates too but why not use the ntfs-3g drivers for the RT-N16 like merlin? That's the only reason I'm not using your firmware because file transfers on ntfs file systems are 2x to 3x slower. I prefer keeping the file system ntfs on the external hard drive because the person using this router exclusively uses Windows and sometimes uses the external hard drive on her computer.

Andrey, love the updates too but why not use the ntfs-3g drivers for the RT-N16 like merlin? That's the only reason I'm not using your firmware because file transfers on ntfs file systems are 2x to 3x slower. I prefer keeping the file system ntfs on the external hard drive because the person using this router exclusively uses Windows and sometimes uses the external hard drive on her computer.
I use Tuxera ntfs drivers. Tuxera promise great performance increase under ntfs-3g and even ext2/3.

Merlin also use tuxera drivers in others routers.

Asuswrt-Merlin firmware for RT-N16 doesn't support OpenVPN. Does this firmware for RT-N16 support OpenVPN?

Last edited:
Are you going to release a new version for RT-N16, even after RMerl dropped from his official support?

I tried Padavan's, didn't see any difference between it and the current official firmware (and it doesn't look like he's still developing it either). I was told that the Merlin firmware will allow overclocking for better performance with OpenVPN.

I tried Padavan's, didn't see any difference between it and the current official firmware (and it doesn't look like he's still developing it either). I was told that the Merlin firmware will allow overclocking for better performance with OpenVPN.

Those (RT-N56U and RT-N65U) routers use a different cpu and chipset and are not supported by RMerlin.

test and say what's wrong.
Router doesn't boot at all.

Tried installing the firmware through the web GUI and in recovery mode.

The web GUI doesn't load after flashing. IPCONFIG results in a blank gateway, setting a static ip doesn't seem to help either.

LAN lights on the router slowly alternative between LAN1(PC) and all 4 at once.

TomatoUSB does the same thing after initial flash, but 30/30/30 reset fixes tomato.

Last edited:
I plan to release. but now some problems with health, time and some others
Hi Andrey,
I hope things are going better. To help out, I made an attempt to do a dry run merge with the latest code from asuswrt-merlin, and although I am stuck now, I wanted to share what I have found to potentially save you some time.

Merge Conflicts:
  1. Merge conflict in release/src/router/Makefile: In GPL 378_4950, a few flags got added to a couple of lines that are causing a merge conflict. More specifically this is the blame. In my dry run, I took Asus's code and added --strip-unneeded which you were using.
  2. Merge conflict in release/src/router/rc/init.c: In GPL 378_4585, Asus added a country code check when setting "sb/1/eu_edthresh2g" in nvram to "-69" for CE adaptivity certification. Here is where this merge conflict happened.
  3. Merge conflict in Readme.md: I ignored the upstream changes and took rt-n changes.
Build Issue:
I used assarbad/build-asuswrt-merlin script on Ubuntu 14.04 and the script. The script created the .TRX file for the latest code in asuswrt-merlin. It did not create the image for your latest github code for rt-n {make[3]: *** [libxml2] Error 2}, but it looks like that in my merged code build script even fails to scan through and create the ./config.status when attempting to build libxml2 like the current rt-n code that you have. The build script in my merge ends with the following is how the build script ended:

====
Enabled Schematron support
Enabled Schemas/Relax-NG support
Disabling code coverage for GCC
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
Done configuring
make[4]: Leaving directory `~/release/src/router/libxml2'
make[3]: *** [libxml2] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `~/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `~/release/src-rt'
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `~/release/src-rt'
make: *** [rt-n16] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `~/release/src-rt'
Your image can be found here:
release/src-rt/image/*.trx

CLEANUP: extended cleanup of source tree changes
+ mv ~/release/src/router/libxml2/configure.in.BAK-build-image ~/release/src/router/libxml2/configure.in
+ mv ~/release/src/router/wpa_supplicant-0.7.3/wpa_supplicant/defconfig.BAK-build-image ~/release/src/router/wpa_supplicant-0.7.3/wpa_supplicant/defconfig
+ mv ~/release/src/router/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant/defconfig.BAK-build-image ~/release/src/router/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant/defconfig
Runtime: 16:30
====

Last edited:
I have RT-N12B1. it's must be same as RT-N12C1 but C1 is black.

others users report RT-N12D1 and RT-N12_VP work.

no any ideas why your RT-N12C1 not start.
What are the instructions to install this firmware? (maybe I'm doing it wrong)

I did:
1) ASUS Recovery
2) Uploaded f/w
3) Unplugged - replugged the router

And all that does is make the LAN light alternative between ALL ON, and just the ones connected.

^Installing Tomato does the same thing, but the router starts working after a 30/30/30 reset. (Unfortunately, my VoIP doesn't like Tomato. I get one way audio which doesn't happen in the stock f/w)

I know the N12C1 stock won't take the stock N12B1 f/w so maybe there's a small difference between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!