What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any news when v13 final will be released? Very much looking forward to this one :D (uptime v11, 57 days now...)

Awesome up time. I don't know for positive but i have a feeling V-13 final will be coming soon. :D

LATEST RELEASE: Update-13E1
14-July-2015
Merlin fork 374.43_2-13E1j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
============================

New release is up! And hopefully will finally resolve some long standing issues.

The biggest items
  • Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.2d to pick up a high sev security fix
  • Fixed connectivity issues for PPPoE/IPv6
  • Fixed updating to the new DH size on MIPS routers
  • Fixed impact to IPv6 download speed with QoS enabled

And a few more...please take the time to read thru the first post for a complete list. :)

Enjoy!

JFFS survived upgrade from 11E1 to 13E1 on RT-N16. LAN IPv6 Prefix in Tunnel 6in4 (HE) was lost only, easily restored.
Running fine.

13E1 running with no issues here. I am glad we receive such excellent support from you and rmerlin. How spoiled we have become!

Upgraded from v12 to v13. Doesn't look like a reset to defaults is needed, working well with v13. Not sure what IPv6 MTU advertisement does for me, do I need that and am I paying an overhead price for using it *smile*? IPv6 was working well without it...is the feature to be able to turn it off, or is it a new thing, added for some class of ISP's? Just wondering if I need it turned on if IPv6 was working in v12?

Thanks for the new release!

Upgraded from v12 to v13. Doesn't look like a reset to defaults is needed, working well with v13. Not sure what IPv6 MTU advertisement does for me, do I need that and am I paying an overhead price for using it *smile*? IPv6 was working well without it...is the feature to be able to turn it off, or is it a new thing, added for some class of ISP's? Just wondering if I need it turned on if IPv6 was working in v12?

Thanks for the new release!
Yes, no reset required going between any of the fork versions (at least so far)....

The MTU advertisement was always 'Enabled' in V12 and earlier (except for PPPoE on V6 and earlier where is was broken). So enabled default is as it was on V12. Some of the EU folks with PPPoE were having some problems with it enabled, so this was a switch for them to try to return to earlier behavior.

Net....leave it on, like it always was, unless you are having connection problems..

The MTU advertisement was always 'Enabled' in V12 and earlier (except for PPPoE on V6 and earlier where is was broken). So enabled default is as it was on V12. Some of the EU folks with PPPoE were having some problems with it enabled, so this was a switch for them to try to return to earlier behavior.

Net....leave it on, like it always was, unless you are having connection problems..

No connection problems, the new release is working well here. I wasn't sure since your note in the Options.txt file didn't say that it used to be on, and this was added so it could be turned off.

Thanks again!

i just hit 101 day with fork v 10, is there a good reason to switch with latest build except security fixes? thank you
shot.jpg

Hi
Updated from v10 to v13, no problems so far, only a basic user,I don't use any features on my n66u.
I previously had a uptime of 6 months! But I did have some downtime a couple of weeks ago which reset the timer.
Thanks John and merlin for the continued support.

i just hit 101 day with fork v 10, is there a good reason to switch with latest build except security fixes? thank youView attachment 4126
I would say read the change logs since V10 and see . There have been a lot of changes and updates since V10 and V13 seems to work just as well as far as I can tell. So basically there are zero reasons NOT to but definitely some reasons to. And certainly if you use VPN or IPv6 and such there have been several changes in those areas. You make the call though after reading all the change logs.

PS: security updates are worth it for most everybody if thats ALL there is in any update. Given the fact that no resets are needed within the fork its pretty painless to update if you have 3 minutes to spare :)

Last edited:
Anyone else see IPV6 Issues? I went to V13 and could no longer get an V6 ip address. Back to V12, all good. I am experimenting to try to find the issue

updated from v10e1 to v13e1 without any resets required (Astrill VPN add-on was still working in JFFS).
One thing I noticed is under Parental controls, the web page has a spelling mistake:
"Note: Clients that are added to Parenetal Control..."

Thanks to you and Merlin for the efforts in updating these Routers!

Last edited:
Anyone else see IPV6 Issues? I went to V13 and could no longer get an V6 ip address. Back to V12, all good. I am experimenting to try to find the issue

Using V13 here and no issues with IPv6 with comcast.

Also on Comcast. IPv6 is working perfectly here on the RT-AC68P with v13.

1yuahl.png

Would like to point out that RT-AC56S is supported. IIRC, there were already if-else statements to account for the AC56S.

On the software side, it behaves like an AC56U.

Would like to point out that RT-AC56S is supported. IIRC, there were already if-else statements to account for the AC56S.

On the software side, it behaves like an AC56U.

No, it's not that simple.

The RT-AC56S is a single core CPU. The firmware needs to use different versions of numerous precompiled binary blobs, all the RT-AC56U files are compiled for dual core CPUs. Quite a few of these components will crash on a single core CPU.

V13E1/RTAC66U/Google Chrome 64 bit/Windows 8.1

Formatting Bug:
Under System Log>Wireless Log
2.4ghz will truncate the SSID with the start of the device MAC list that should be in green. Also, it does not show RSSI, SNR, Noise, etc... that should be listed before MAC list.

5G is displayed correctly. I have not done a default factory reset, save for intial jump to V3 of fork.

EXAMPLE copy/paste:
Code:
System Log - Wireless Log

This page shows the detailed wireless status.
SSID: AsuXX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111  XB1               ??dBm     ??/72 Mbps 00:38:12   AU
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111                    ??dBm     24/65 Mbps 01:38:18  PAU
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111                   -20dBm     ??/19 Mbps 17:40:30   AU
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111                    ??dBm      ??/1 Mbps 17:40:34  PAU
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111  WP               -41dBm     ??/72 Mbps 17:40:36   AU

SSID: Asus5G
RSSI: NA          SNR: NA        Noise: -92 dBm    Channel: 165
BSSID: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX         Capability: ESS
VHT Capable
    Extension channel: none
    Chanspec: 5GHz Channel Width 20MHz (0xd0a5)
Mode:   AP Only

Stations  (flags: P=Powersave Mode, S=Short GI, T=STBC, A=Associated, U=Auth, G=Guest)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAC               IP Address      Name              RSSI    Rx/Tx Rate   Connected Flags
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111                   -67dBm      65/6 Mbps 17:40:31  PAU
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111  RLR              -61dBm   130/144 Mbps 17:40:32   AU
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 111.111.11.111  RBR              -66dBm   117/144 Mbps 17:40:39   AU
* changed MACs and IPs but all format is same as shown on webUI.

V10 was last version it displayed correctly for me.

Thanks John, RMerlin and ASUS for great firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!