What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello everybody,
I have installed this firmware for my router RT-AC68U. Now I would like to return to oiginal firmware. I tried to install the latest firmware from the ASUS website. The installation routine runs through. But it does not install the firmware. But it remains the Merlin exist. I do something wrong?
Hi,

I had this kind of issue in the past and there are two main reasons:
- USB drives attached (and running cloud/media server)
- Configuration of the router.

For both issues a factory reset (and removal of USB drives) before the firmware change is the solution! Mainly it's the shortage of RAM which avoids the firmware installation. :D
And (of course) another factory reset after the installation of the new firmware version to get all hidden setting right!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited:
Just updated to V14E1 went Smooth[emoji106]..... So is my wifi 8m 2 walls
b0e9e287388452d94f01908e07d37040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry if this has been asked about a million times....but can i simply flash this for over my existing merlin firmware my build is 378.55 and its a RT-AC68U...if not can someone please run me through the steps i would really appreciate it and thanks everyone for there time

I'm very sorry if this has been asked about a million times....but can i simply flash this for over my existing merlin firmware my build is 378.55 and its a RT-AC68U...if not can someone please run me through the steps i would really appreciate it and thanks everyone for there time
Yes, in the first message of this thread:

"A factory default reset is NOT required if coming from any level of the fork or Merlin 374.42 or 374.43 code. Coming from any other level does require a factory default reset after the code is loaded."

Yes, in the first message of this thread:

"A factory default reset is NOT required if coming from any level of the fork or Merlin 374.42 or 374.43 code. Coming from any other level does require a factory default reset after the code is loaded."

so just to be clear i do need to do a factory reset

Been running 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-14E1j9527 on N66U for about a week or so now with auto turned on (set qos_sfql=1). As always, flawless operation. Thanks for all the hard work!

With this firmware if you have ipv6 enabled on rt-n66u the hardware acceleration get disabled!
Can you look for a fix!

Is it possible to backport the SNMP v2c agent from the newer versions (noticed it on an AC68U with 378.5x) to this firmware?

With this firmware if you have ipv6 enabled on rt-n66u the hardware acceleration get disabled!
Can you look for a fix!

What version does "this firmware" refer to in your post?
I am running version 11 of this fork with IPV6 on n66u and hardware acceleration shows enabled on the tools page.

Edit: Just checked and I do have the following radvd.postconf script but don't think that would affect the hardware acceleration.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#set -v
#set -x
#
#  Router config
#  RADVD = = =  I used man pages from  https://github.com/reubenhwk/radvd
#
logger -t $0 "args ( $1 ) ( $2 ) "
#
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
#
# Check that CONFIG is not empty
if [ "$CONFIG:x" == ":x" ]
  then
#
    logger -t $0 "No config file specified, exiting "
   echo "No config file specified, exiting "
   exit 1
fi
#
# MaxRtrAdvInterval (must be no less than 4 seconds and no greater than 1800 seconds.)
# MaxRtrAdvInterval 60 seconds.(1 minute )
pc_replace "MaxRtrAdvInterval 10;" "MaxRtrAdvInterval 60;" $CONFIG
#
# MinRtrAdvInterval (no greater than 0.75 * MaxRtrAdvInterval)
# MinRtrAdvInterval 0.3 *  MaxRtrAdvInterval (18 seconds)
pc_replace "MinRtrAdvInterval 3;" "MinRtrAdvInterval 18;" $CONFIG
#
#  To advertise prefix radvd insists on /64 on interface
#
#   Check and fix mask on interface br0
# Get global network IP6 address and /mask
IP6wMASK=`ip -f inet6 addr show br0 | grep -i global | awk '{print $2}'`
if [ "$IP6wMASK:x" == ":x" ]
  then
#   No IPv6 address found
    logger -t $0 "ipv6 global network of br0 is NOT FOUND"

else
      # Then just the global network IP6 address
      IP6br0=`echo $IP6wMASK | sed sx/.*xx`

# Pick off the network mask
      IP6Mask0=`echo "$IP6wMASK"|awk '{FS = "/" }{print $2}'`

if [ "$IP6Mask0" != "64" ]
     then

# Fix up br0 ipv6 mask
        logger -t $0 "ipv6 network of br0 was $IP6wMASK "
        logger -t $0 "ipv6 delegated prefix for br0 is $IP6Mask0 "
        logger -t $0 "ipv6 network of br0 changed to  $IP6br0/64 "
        ip addr del "$IP6wMASK" scope global dev br0
        ip addr add "$IP6br0/64" scope global dev br0

#         Stash delegated prefix for other scripts to use
        nvram set ipv6_delegated_prefix_length=$IP6Mask0
     fi

fi
#
#  prefix change syntax to use global address from Interface
oldPrefix=`grep -i " prefix " $CONFIG | head -n 1`
pc_replace "$oldPrefix" " prefix ::/64" $CONFIG
#
#  AdvValidLifetime (must be larger than 2 hours) 18000 seconds (5 hours)
oldAdvValidLifetime=`grep -i " AdvValidLifetime " $CONFIG | head -n 1`
pc_replace "$oldAdvValidLifetime" " AdvValidLifetime 18000 ;" $CONFIG
#
#  AdvPreferredLifetime 14400 seconds (4 hours)
oldAdvPreferredLifetime=`grep -i " AdvPreferredLifetime " $CONFIG | head -n 1`
pc_replace "$oldAdvPreferredLifetime" "AdvPreferredLifetime 14400;" $CONFIG
#
# Fix file permissions
#
chmod 600 $CONFIG
#

Last edited:
i am looking for option to block incoming connection from webgui? Is possible with this firmware? Original Asus and costumized Merlin do not have this....

i am looking for option to block incoming connection from webgui? Is possible with this firmware? Original Asus and costumized Merlin do not have this....

Firewall -> Network Service Filter. It's part of the stock firmware (and all its variants.

Firewall -> Network Service Filter. It's part of the stock firmware (and all its variants.
this is probably for sites to block...I need block my IPTV udpxy server for some IP addresses or IP range...

Can you look for a fix!
What type of IPv6 are you using? There have been reports of 6in4 shutting off NAT acceleration on the N66, but I believe that native DHCP works fine. 6in4 also works with NAT acceleration on the ARM platforms. Unfortunately, nothing I can really do about it since the code is closed source and tied to other components. Sorry.

Last edited:
I know this has been brought up in the past, but I've been using a second AP for a while, so never really took notice, and the last time I was using only one router, was probably when I was still on merlins FW or maybe first few version of your FW.

So, I just updated from 3.0.0.4_374.43_2-06j9527 to 374.43_2-14E1j9527, and have been using only the N16 in the house.
I noticed the wifi is pretty bad, thought latest version would improve it, but still the same for me.

Being in the same room is ok, but go to either end of the house and the bars on phones/tablets either are 1 bar or drop out completely, and speed is not good.
So one room is say about 7mtrs direct line away, through about 2 plaster walls, I get about one bar on i9300, have some older phones/tabs, and they sometimes drop connection or are useless.
The speed goes from about 2-3 MB/s in the room with N16, to about 100-500 KB/s in room mentioned above.

Next to the router, I checked some wifi apps, and they report about -44 db.

As a test, I hooked up an old G router ( cvg824g v3) with one tiny antenna, in the same room next to the N16, and checked the signal, its actually slightly stronger signal, about -41 db. Also basically same performance around the house as the N16, no better, no worse.

Is there any settings I might have that is contributing to the poor performance?
This is what I have:

Channel bandwidth = 20MHZ ( tried 20/40 )
Control Channel = tried auto and fixed
Wireless mode = auto ( b/g protection ticked )
wpa2 aes
mac filter off
wds, wps off
Set AP Isolated = No
Roaming assistant = off
Enable IGMP Snooping = off
Multicast Rate(Mbps) = auto
Preamble Type = auto
RTS Threshold = 2347
DTIM Interval = 3
Beacon Interval = 100
Enable TX Bursting = on
Enable WMM APSD = on
Enhanced interference management = off
Regulation mode = off

Guest network = on
QOS = off

It's not the firmware, it's the country code. For some reason my RT-N16 has defaulted to US after upgrading to 14E1. So, you may want to change the country to GB (200 mW limit) or something like that.

There is nothing in the code that touches the country code for the N16. If you manually changed it via nvram settings, and did a factory reset, you'll revert back to what is set in the CFE.

On the fork code, on the Wireless > Professional page, you can see the country code and regulation revision that is set in the very bottom right corner at the end of the yellow text associated with the transmission power setting.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!