What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A basic (dumb?) question about pasting keys into TLS. I am not sure how the software parses the data but
the instructions say to paste only ---- Begin XXXXX ---- and ---- END xxxx --- into the fields.
Is it possible to slightly modify the field for example to read -----BEGIN CLIENT CERT----- keeping the length of the header the same?

Definitely not....I just ran a test to double check nothing went awry....
Streaming one movie to Roku Media Player
Streaming another movie to another PC with WMP
Playing music to another PC via WMP

Trying to think of something for you to try :confused:

EDIT - @kitch9 Is it a Samsung TV by any chance. Samsung did a dumb thing and tries to have the TV connect with the name 'localhost'. Usually it just can't connect, but may be worth ruling out. If you do a search on 'Samsung dnsmasq' you should be able to find the threads.

Hi John, I've Sony Bravias and Yamaha amps, the good news is I've implemented the JFFS script you posted and I currently have access on both TV's to the media server. Thanks for that.

With regards JFFS scripts are they persistent between firmware upgrades / reset to defaults?

What version would you suggest I use for my ac68u? I would like it to be as stable as possible but I also would like to use the PIA VPN that has been added.

Thanks

What version would you suggest I use for my ac68u? I would like it to be as stable as possible but I also would like to use the PIA VPN that has been added.

Thanks

You may wait for John's authoritative answer..

If you ask me, I would say go with the latest: 16E1 posted at the front of this thread. This fork is based on a branch of codes which is rock solid with many small additional features added by its author over the past year.

FYI. The optimised PIA VPN profile is invented in this fork. If I remember correctly John discovered an optimised way to connect to PIA from Asus router (just like PC client software provided by PIA). He polished up with a GUI and shares with the community through his fork.

Thanks

Always the latest. :)

Hi guys, I have just upgraded from my trusty old n66u to the ac68u. Since johns fork first came out that's all I've used on my n66u. I didn't know if I should flash johns fork on my new ac68u or merlins latest but I just went ahead and flashed the 16E1 fork :)

Now my question: what settings would you recommend on both the 2.4 & 5ghz frequencies? I've noticed today that my nexus 7 wouldn't connect to the 5ghz frequency so I had to change my wireless channels to auto on the 5ghz. Could I just lower the channel number to what I had on the n66u?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I have just upgraded from my trusty old n66u to the ac68u. Since johns fork first came out that's all I've used on my n66u. I didn't know if I should flash johns fork on my new ac68u or merlins latest but I just went ahead and flashed the 16E1 fork :)

Now my question: what settings would you recommend on both the 2.4 & 5ghz frequencies? I've noticed today that my nexus 7 wouldn't connect to the 5ghz frequency so I had to change my wireless channels to auto on the 5ghz. Could I just lower the channel number to what I had on the n66u?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

You can match many of the basic setup options as long as you do it manually. What I would not match is the ssid (use new ones, but you can use the old password if you want).

what settings would you recommend on both the 2.4 & 5ghz frequencies? I've noticed today that my nexus 7 wouldn't connect to the 5ghz frequency so I had to change my wireless channels to auto on the 5ghz. Could I just lower the channel number to what I had on the n66u?

I've got a Nexus 7 and it doesn't work with 5 GHz channels 100 or above.

I would use either inSSIDer on a PC or WiFi Analyzer on Android to find the least cluttered channel on each bandwidth and select that. Personally I use ch. 1 on 2.4 GHz and ch. 36 on 5 GHz.

You can match many of the basic setup options as long as you do it manually. What I would not match is the ssid (use new ones, but you can use the old password if you want).
Ok I've done what you've said. All the settings match my old router settings but I don't think the range is as strong as the old n66u for both bands. Should the beam forming settings be used or should they be disabled? As that looks like the only settings difference (oh and I've changed the 5ghz to 80mhz instead of 40) but other than that everything else is the same.

Y
I've got a Nexus 7 and it doesn't work with 5 GHz channels 100 or above.

I would use either inSSIDer on a PC or WiFi Analyzer on Android to find the least cluttered channel on each bandwidth and select that. Personally I use ch. 1 on 2.4 GHz and ch. 36 on 5 GHz.

Yes your right mate, I had to change my 5ghz channel to 48 (like my old router) for it to pick it up.

I've used inSSIDer before and found the best on channel 13, haven't checked the 5ghz though. Might need to do that.

Ok I've done what you've said. All the settings match my old router settings but I don't think the range is as strong as the old n66u for both bands. Should the beam forming settings be used or should they be disabled? As that looks like the only settings difference (oh and I've changed the 5ghz to 80mhz instead of 40) but other than that everything else is the same.

At this point I would be testing for the best channel on each band (1, 6 and 11 on 2.4GHz and each available channel on 5GHz) to get the router setup properly for it's environment.

At this point I would be testing for the best channel on each band (1, 6 and 11 on 2.4GHz and each available channel on 5GHz) to get the router setup properly for it's environment.
Ok I will do that next. Thanks for the help.

I've noticed a bug (well I think it's a bug) the traffic monitor function is not correct. The graphs do not match the Internet graph. E.g. When streaming something from the Internet on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz it appears in the 2.4g graph or the 5g graph as it should but it doesn't show up on the Internet graph. This is also the case when streaming internally, so if I'm streaming a movie from my NAS box, the upload does not appear on the wired graph and it doesn't show the same activity on the 5g graph. (This is only when the last 24 hours option is selected, I have not measured the real time graph)

I've noticed a bug (well I think it's a bug) the traffic monitor function is not correct. The graphs do not match the Internet graph. E.g. When streaming something from the Internet on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz it appears in the 2.4g graph or the 5g graph as it should but it doesn't show up on the Internet graph. This is also the case when streaming internally, so if I'm streaming a movie from my NAS box, the upload does not appear on the wired graph and it doesn't show the same activity on the 5g graph. (This is only when the last 24 hours option is selected, I have not measured the real time graph)
It's working for me. Do you have HW acceleration enabled? I think that can mess things up sometimes.

Latest beta 17BA feedback:

Bandwidth Limiter seems to work properly nice addition!

However, I have a problem with System Log>Port Forwarding displaying correctly. I get an All under destination column or an AllAllAllAll... in sequence with no other column info such as Proto. Port range Redirect to Local port Chain.

I do have a custom post config script for upnp. Worked fine with 15E5.

Reverted to 15E5 to test and it displays correctly.

AC66U/ Google Chrome

It's working for me. Do you have HW acceleration enabled? I think that can mess things up sometimes.
Yes hardware acceleration is enabled but there's two options on the 68u, type 1 and type 2. Currently it's on type 2 but I don't know if that's the right type?

On my old n66u I had ver13 of johns firmware and that worked fine with hardware acceleration.

Beta 17BA feedback: in certain conditions (lots of Livedrive deletions from one computer), DNSMasq stops responding. Downgraded to 16E1 and the problem is no longer there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!