What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone use inadyn? I just noticed it's no longer working. It simply will not start. I get a blip in the log that inadyn started, but then the process immediately vanishes with no errors to be found.

Sorry to bring this up again but there definitely seems to be a traffic monitor bug. The router thinks ive only done 120MB download the whole day when I've been downloading heavily today. I might have to try an older version.

92a57f43b5b556f35fb92f8ac5663243.jpg

What does this mean ?, trying 16E1

What is JFFS ? Do i turn it OFF or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm playing around with the tx "power" adjustments and I go from 200mw to 1mw and I don't see any difference, at least not in the wifi log RSSI or rx/tx rates. The same goes for the standard Merlin firmwares that I've tried. Is that not the correct way to judge wifi strength or has my router always been defective? If anything, I seem to get slightly better strength at 1mw than even the 80mw default.

I'm playing around with the tx "power" adjustments and I go from 200mw to 1mw and I don't see any difference, at least not in the wifi log RSSI or rx/tx rates. The same goes for the standard Merlin firmwares that I've tried. Is that not the correct way to judge wifi strength or has my router always been defective? If anything, I seem to get slightly better strength at 1mw than even the 80mw default.
That's normal. Transmitter power won't directly change the RSSI or rx rate as they are a measure of the signal being received from the client. The tx rate is usually adjusted by the router to the lowest value that can maintain the required throughput. A more accurate test of power would be to measure the received (i.e. download) throughput (not link rate) at the client.

I'm playing around with the tx "power" adjustments and I go from 200mw to 1mw and I don't see any difference, at least not in the wifi log RSSI or rx/tx rates.
It is my understanding that the setup values are actually maximums, and the router will adjust the signal strength downward if not needed to maintain the speed. Short of a well-designed test chamber, the best I have seen is to make throughput (not RSSI) measurements at a significant distance (one which does NOT permit maximum speed) with no intervening obstacles that might cause reflections, and record the average of ten or so speed tests from that same position.

If you start out close enough to achieve maximum speed you should expect the router to be transmitting at less than the configured power.

92a57f43b5b556f35fb92f8ac5663243.jpg

What does this mean ?, trying 16E1

What is JFFS ? Do i turn it OFF or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JFFS is a file system in flash memory meant to store small files (like scripts and configuration files). If you don't know what it is, you probably don't use it.

That's normal. Transmitter power won't directly change the RSSI or rx rate as they are a measure of the signal being received from the client. The tx rate is usually adjusted by the router to the lowest value that can maintain the required throughput. A more accurate test of power would be to measure the received (i.e. download) throughput (not link rate) at the client.

I ran a few casual tests downloading from a local PC and you're right, even though tx/rx power didn't change much, the download rate got slightly better with higher tx power up until ~100 so the default's pretty good. I don't think the clients are far enough from the router that it makes much difference anyway.

Hey, Folks - I've noticed that John hasn't been around here for a while - is he doing okay??

Perhaps the initiative to push folks towards GPL compliance might have something to do with it...

I can understand why folks have gone dark...

@hggomes - push your source, or pull it from distribution...

Looks like he's ok - @hggomes isn't...

Community pressure... HGG, publish your source...
Start another thread please. This request has really nothing to do with this fork.

Yesterday I noticed I had no internet while on my PS4, I then realised that all my wifi devices on the 2.4ghz band had no connection. 5ghz was working fine.
Ive never noticed this happen to me before on the n66u.

A simply reboot solved it but what would cause this?

Im on 16E1.

Thanks

I sometimes get similar symptoms on one of the bands at a time (2.4 or 5Ghz), what I usually do to solve it is hide and un-hide the SSID, after that the radio remains stable until a reset occurs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!