What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone have a settings recommendation for online gaming on PS4 via 2.4Ghz band?

Router; AC68
Firmware; 16E1

Thanks.

Defaults, unless you know better.

How do I set this up for use with PIA? I thought I read somewhere that it was included in the firmware release.
Here it is:
NEW: Support OpenVPN custom setup for Private Internet Access (PIA) users
For PIA users, you can now set cipher, authentication and encryption options via the router as you would using the PIA app. There is a separate zip file (pia_openvpn_options.zip) in the download directory with short directions on how to use/set the options. You need to add a line to the custom config section and replace the ca with a new cert (included in the zip) in addition to setting the appropriate OpenVPN options.

How do I set this up for use with PIA? I thought I read somewhere that it was included in the firmware release.
Here it is:
Note that it's not necessary to use the 'special' PIA options as described in the zip file to connect to PIA VPN using the default PIA setup. What's described in the options zip allows you to set various encryption options thru the router gui in the same way that you can in the PIA app.

Hi all,quick question,im on the rt-ac68u, from tmobile, flashed to the latest asus firmware.
two things that i'm looking for:
Better online streaming (we have 6 TV's, 6 ipads and 6 iphones streaming media all day)?
better AiCloud?
faster overall wireless and wired speed?
wanted to know if by flashing this firmware V16E1,will any of these improve
Tia

Last edited:
Hi all,quick question,im on the rt-ac68u, from tmobile, flashed to the latest asus firmware.
two things that i'm looking for,better AiCloud ,and faster overall wireless and wired speed.
wanted to know if by flashing this firmware V16E1,will any of these improve?
Tia
'better AiCloud'? Not really sure what that means. I recently fixed AICloud support in the fork for the change from AiCloud to AICloud 2. I know there are some additional options in AiCloud 2 like using dropbox that aren't in the fork. As far as function, I did testing to make sure everything appeared to work in the fork, but I really don't use it.

Wired speed.....likely no difference.

Wireless speed...you have a little more flexibility in power adjustments on the fork. May help....might not.

On overall speed, if you are using CTF for ISP speeds above around 300Mbs, there may be some small differences (not sure which way, apparently ASUS has been making changes to the CTF code lately).

Hi all...first time posting here...awesome forum after reading 60+ pages from this thread..

So I converted the Tmo AC1900 to Rt-ac68 couple wks ago....I have 1Gbps down , 30Mbps up connection. It was on the Merlin 376.xx firmware but my wireless speed was max at ~200Mbps and fluctuated a lot (from 50 - 200Mbps) tested with 2 iphone 6s, 5Ghz 10ft from the router nothing in between while wire is always 900+. Someone from another forum recommended upgrading to John Fork 13E1...did that last night and speed went down to 70Mbps max and range is worse (was able to connect from certain room now cant)...yes I did reset using WPS button after upgrade twice and configured from scratch...checked and HW acceleration is enabled and everything is in order

Am I missing anything? Is there any other setting I shiuld have done??

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:
Hi all...first time posting here...awesome forum after reading 60+ pages from this thread..

So I converted the Tmo AC1900 to Rt-ac68 couple wks ago....I have 1Gbps up , 30Mbps down connection. It was on the Merlin 376.xx firmware but my wireless speed was max at ~200Mbps and fluctuated a lot (from 50 - 200Mbps) tested with 2 iphone 6s, 5Ghz 10ft from the router nothing in between while wire is always 900+. Someone from another forum recommended upgrading to John Fork 13E1...did that last night and speed went down to 70Mbps max and range is worse (was able to connect from certain room now cant)...yes I did reset using WPS button after upgrade twice and configured from scratch...checked and HW acceleration is enabled and everything is in order

Am I missing anything? Is there any other setting I shiuld have done??

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

You are missing the fact tha wireless performance is impacted by infinitely more factors than wired tech. Can you give us (much) more detail about your setup and how you are measuring your connection?

(PS - I think you got your connection stats are reversed. Rarely is upload more than download.)

You are missing the fact tha wireless performance is impacted by infinitely more factors than wired tech. Can you give us (much) more detail about your setup and how you are measuring your connection?

(PS - I think you got your connection stats are reversed. Rarely is upload more than download.)

Sorry I had my connection reversed.

I understand wireless performance is not even closed to wired and is impacted by many factors. I wasn't expecting wireless speed to be even closed to wired. But 70Mpbs is way too low when I have Gb connection. I'd expect at least 200+ unless that's not possible. I was just simply comparing before and after upgrading to John fork and trying to find out if anything else that I might have missed.

Setup is very simple. I don't use any features whatsoever, no QoS, no guest network, nothing. just couple machines connected via a Gb switch and few iphones and chromecast connected wirelessly via 5Ghz (all AC).

Test I did was a simple speedtest from various devices.

Sorry I had my connection reversed. Can you explain why you specifically suggested V16E1?
Because it's the latest version. I'm not aware of V13E1 being particularly special, it's also almost a year old.

OK thanks. I will give that a try when I have a chance to see if it makes any difference. I can always go back to older version or back to the original merlin 376 that I had before upgrading to John's with no problem, is that correct? And if I go to v16E1 I don't need to reset to default or anything like that, right?

Hi you all, I popped this question a few days ago but no response... I have a new Asus RT AC68U router with Standard asus firmware. The wifi range seems to be less now than with my old 66NU that died with your latest fork installed. What do you or other experts think: does it make sense to replace the Asus firmware for the latest fork from John...or try atest firmware from Merlin? I woud appreciate suggestion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T113 met Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!