What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Your htpc is tunneling ipv6 via Microsoft Teredo....

On the htpc from an admin command prompt, enter
Code:
netsh interface teredo set state disabled

Not sure if you'll need to reboot the htpc for it to take effect.
I forgot that I had to rebuild htpc couple months ago. I usually disable that stuff and just forgot this time.

Just wondering. Do people disable Teredo?

Thanks

Will be up in a while. For various reasons, I wanted to check if there is a way to control access via github (so far, it looks like not possible on a free account).

Unfortunately, the only "control" possible is making a repo private (which requires a paid account). Best you could do with a paid account would be to have a private pre-production repo, and a public repo with the release code, and have the public repo pull from the pre-prod repo as desired. I considered something similar myself, only using a local Git repo on my NAS as my pre-prod/staging repo, for those occasions where I have a work-in-progress that's not ready for public publish, and I wanted to have a copy of my code outside of my work PC. Couldn't find the time nor the motivation to read up on such a Git setup, so I'm sticking with manual tarballs of my work whenever I need a backup of my WIP and it isn't on Github yet.

Unfortunately, the only "control" possible is making a repo private (which requires a paid account). Best you could do with a paid account would be to have a private pre-production repo, and a public repo with the release code, and have the public repo pull from the pre-prod repo as desired. I considered something similar myself, only using a local Git repo on my NAS as my pre-prod/staging repo, for those occasions where I have a work-in-progress that's not ready for public publish, and I wanted to have a copy of my code outside of my work PC. Couldn't find the time nor the motivation to read up on such a Git setup, so I'm sticking with manual tarballs of my work whenever I need a backup of my WIP and it isn't on Github yet.

If you're not developing alone, a local repo is not the best.
And if you don't want to pay, gitlab gives you private repos for free.
It might be easier than an own setup, but beware of the gitlab (lack of) speed :)

Thanks for the pointer, and thanks to @abat119 for asking the question :)

Based on the link, it looks like this is a DSL setting, and there was also some guidance on selecting the setting. So, I've made the following proposed update...
New_ATM.jpg

Thanks for the pointer, and thanks to @abat119 for asking the question :)

Based on the link, it looks like this is a DSL setting, and there was also some guidance on selecting the setting. So, I've made the following proposed update...
View attachment 6916

So in my case (router authentication with bridged modem) I should select 40-PPPoE LLC/Snap option right?

EDIT: I've answered my own question with a bit more research :)

Also, I found a bug: when I change the overhead setting it registers in the log but doesn't show up in the GUI (I'm assuming it's saving the changes - it doesn't specify what it's doing exactly)

Jul 30 20:58:18 rc_service: httpd 304:notify_rc restart_qos
Jul 30 20:58:18 qos: using ipv4_lan_ipaddr 192.168.1.0/24
Jul 30 20:58:18 qos: apply rules (/tmp/mangle_rules) success!
Jul 30 20:58:19 qos: tqos start complete

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
Check the Bootloader (CFE) level on the Tools page in the gui. If it's 1.0.1.6 you should do the 376 update. If it's 1.0.2.x you are good to go.

EDIT: Since it's a converted TM-1900, if the level is 2.x.x.x, stop. Look for posts by @Engineer on how to properly complete the conversion to an AC68.

Is it a safe assessment that this only applies to the AC68 and not AC66 or N66? I have the latter two with CFE 1.0.1.4 and 1.0.1.3 respectively, but have been updating through your releases for years now all the way to the current 18e1 and this is the first time I paid attention to the CFE and noticed that it did not change when applying this update.

I use github.com for my public source repos and bitbucket.org for my private and development repos.

This is a no-cost combination, works perfectly fine for me.

Andi

Well....I still can't think of anything that would cause this with respect to the firmware. Next thing I would try would be to replug the Ethernet cable on both ends, try a different set of ports on the router/AP, or try and run a new cable temporarily as a test.

Also, I seem to remember there was a hardware problem on some of the early N66's with flakey Ethernet jacks. How old is the N66?
How do you find out such info? I bought it used 2 yrs ago from eBay so maybe pretty old. Let me try different LAN ports. Thx

Edit: switching to different LAN port get back Gigabit speed. I'm happy now :)

Last edited:
how to make sure my ac68u is CFE for 64M rootfs support?
Look on the Tools page under Bootloader (CFE) or enter
nvram get bl_version
via telnet/ssh

If the value is 1.0.1.x it doesn't have the 64M rootfs support. CFE levels 1.0.2.x do.

How do you find out such info? I bought it used 2 yrs ago from eBay so maybe pretty old. Let me try different LAN ports. Thx

Edit: switching to different LAN port get back Gigabit speed. I'm happy now :)
Glad you got it back!.....as for remembering something about N66 Ethernet....it was something I read in these forums :) I found it here....it's hard to tell how widespread the problem was.

http://www.snbforums.com/posts/81327/

EDIT: One other thought. Just as a prep for the future, you may want to look into purchasing a backup power supply. It seems that the older N66's are starting to show signs the power supplies are starting to give up, resulting in all sorts of strange symptoms.

Last edited:
Just purchased a rtac66u which had newest factory firmware. Complains about certification using this fork, what is the easiest way to load it? Firmware restoration tool?

Thanks John, upgrade to 18E1, but apple osx time machine still not working, anyone using osx can test it?
Did all I could there (updated to the latest 380 components). Apple doesn't publish the interface for time machine, so all third party support is reverse engineered, and they regularly break it with os updates.

Just purchased a rtac66u which had newest factory firmware. Complains about certification using this fork, what is the easiest way to load it? Firmware restoration tool?

Yes.

Glad you got it back!.....as for remembering something about N66 Ethernet....it was something I read in these forums :) I found it here....it's hard to tell how widespread the problem was.

http://www.snbforums.com/posts/81327/

EDIT: One other thought. Just as a prep for the future, you may want to look into purchasing a backup power supply. It seems that the older N66's are starting to show signs the power supplies are starting to give up, resulting in all sorts of strange symptoms.

Thanks John! Will do :)

Upgraded from 17e5 to 18e1! Looks like another mighty fine upgrade. My wariness to upgrade from 17e5 was probably unwarranted.

Hopefully its as reliable for my aging n66u..never gonna let go of it because of this firmware :D

EDIT: i should also probably be getting a power supply for it.. the good thing is that it uses 19v which is widely used with laptops i believe and probably have some quality stuff being sold.

Happy user of your latest fork update V18E1 on my RT-N16 :)

I am running into (what it seems to be) a bug though. Whenever I download something (wired) on my W10 desktop, my router's load is going to extremes.
For example: I download a single file with only one connection at a rate of approx. 100mbps the load on my router seems to keep on climbing. Even creating a single SSH connection to the router will fail because of the high load, DNS lookups fail, etc.
This is an excerpt from top, where all the load seems to be in 'sirq', although I have no idea what this actually means:

Mem: 54548K used, 71904K free, 0K shrd, 7176K buff, 26756K cached
CPU: 1.4% usr 1.9% sys 0.0% nic 0.0% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 96.6% sirq
Load average: 5.09 2.06 0.82 7/51 10126
PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
10043 255 admin S 1184 0.9 0 27.5 dropbear -p 38942 -s -j -k
266 1 nobody R 1244 0.9 0 26.8 dnsmasq --log-async
10093 1 admin R 4312 3.4 0 21.6 httpd
276 1 admin S 2516 1.9 0 5.2 watchdog02
10124 10044 admin R 1448 1.1 0 4.6 top
275 1 admin R 2516 1.9 0 4.4 watchdog
252 1 admin R 2516 1.9 0 3.6 /sbin/wanduck

Rebooting the router had no effect. I've also tried disabling HTTPS, as I read that this caused load issues for other users on Tomato in the past. It seems I cannot even max out my internet connection anymore (which is 200mbps down). Any idea what might be going on here? Hardware acceleration is enabled in the router's settings, I've checked. Also I can not recall having this issue with previous versions, although I have not tried to go back yet.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!