What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, but I haven't installed Optware/Entware and don't really know the steps to uninstall. Based on his guides, it looks like @TeHashX is a 'guru' on the 'wares and I've sent him a Conversation (PM) to see if he can help.

BTW....I've also learned (maybe everyone else already knew) that Download Master installs Optware, so also must be removed prior to installing Entware.
I only have Optware installed but not Download Master. will check with @TeHashX too

Switching from optware to entware it's easy, for arm routers:
1. save optware.arm folder if you want to go back later
Code:
mv /mnt/sda1/optware.arm /mnt/sda1/optware.arm-backup
2. install entware (starting with firmware 378.51-beta1 script is included) or for older versions https://www.asuswrt.eu/how-to-install-entware-arm/
Code:
entware-setup.sh
3. install desired packages with opkg command instead ipkg
4. restore some conf files from optware.arm-backup to entware.arm directory, ex. lighttpd.conf, pyload.conf...

If you want to switch back to optware, rename entware.arm folder to entware.arm-backup, delete post-mount script, rename back optware.arm-backup to optware.arm and reboot router.

Warning!!! If you installed chrooted debian inside optware or entware, be sure ext_dir is not mounted to avoid deletion of media files.

I recommand ENTWARE :)
This is great and should be stickied now that the AC68 and N56 has Entware. By the way, you might want to add in the script name for the post-mount script and the entware.arm seems to be asusware.arm on my device. (ac68)

I'm struggling with a Linksys WUMC710 AC 5GHz (only) wireless bridge. The bridge appears to be losing the wireless connection after a few hours and it needs to be power cycled to reconnect. I've had two of these units (the first was RMAd back to Linksys) and both exhibit this problem. I'm using the latest WUMC710 firmware 1.0.02. I've seen people online suggest that the original 1.0.00 firmware doesn't have this problem, but there's nowhere to get this firmware, so I can't flash it back to try.

I'm trying to rule out my ASUS RT-AC68U as the problem. I've set up the bridge with a fixed IP address in its internal web GUI as well as provided the same fixed IP address on the DHCP page in the AC68U. I've done a site survey and picked 5GHz channel 161 as the least crowded/best signal and set that in the AC68U. So far, none of the changes seem to make a difference.

My next step was to change the wireless mode for the 5GHz radio in the AC68U to see if that would help/hurt, but I'm not sure about the options anymore now that it conflicts with the tooltip text. Is "N Only" in the dropdown the same as "N + AC" in the tooltip?

I really don't want to flash to the latest AC68U stock firmware to rule out the fork firmware. Is anyone else using one of these bridges successfully with the fork?

I'm struggling with a Linksys WUMC710 AC 5GHz (only) wireless bridge. The bridge appears to be losing the wireless connection after a few hours and it needs to be power cycled to reconnect. I've had two of these units (the first was RMAd back to Linksys) and both exhibit this problem. I'm using the latest WUMC710 firmware 1.0.02. I've seen people online suggest that the original 1.0.00 firmware doesn't have this problem, but there's nowhere to get this firmware, so I can't flash it back to try.

I'm trying to rule out my ASUS RT-AC68U as the problem. I've set up the bridge with a fixed IP address in its internal web GUI as well as provided the same fixed IP address on the DHCP page in the AC68U. I've done a site survey and picked 5GHz channel 161 as the least crowded/best signal and set that in the AC68U. So far, none of the changes seem to make a difference.

I had one hooked up a while back to play with and didn't have any problems (picked it up on a 'Shell Shocker' sale for $25). I was running at the time 1.0.01.018 level.....if you need a copy of that fw to try, PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.

As far as settings....try to set 'Enable WMM APSD' to Disable on the Wireless/Professional tab.

EDIT: I dug out my WUMC710 and hooked it up driving a single PC.....I'll see how it holds up.
EDIT2: @krick Just an update on my WUMC710 test....connection is up now for 11+ hours. Left it with the 1.0.01.018 firmware.
But to pass on a few hints I've remembered setting it up.
- Make sure MAC Filtering is off for the 5GHz band (at least until you get it stable and can see what it is really using). In addition to the MAC listed on the box it also grabs that MAC+1 which does not get assigned an IP address or name. Additionally, all your connected ethernet devices are now seen as wireless by the router (using the ethernet MAC address).
- I see in your append that you set static ip's on both the AC68 and WUMC710. While it probably doesn't matter, I think it would be better if this were an either/or situation. If you set a static ip on the router, leave the bridge set for DHCP (this is the way I'm running). If you set a static ip on the bridge, leave the router set for DHCP.

My next step was to change the wireless mode for the 5GHz radio in the AC68U to see if that would help/hurt, but I'm not sure about the options anymore now that it conflicts with the tooltip text. Is "N Only" in the dropdown the same as "N + AC" in the tooltip?
The tooltip was fixed in Update-07 of the firmware. 'N Only' really is N-Only. To use AC connections, you need to select 'Auto' for the mode.

Last edited:
Hello, I am running 374.43_2-07j9527 and I hadn't tried it much until now, but the guest network doesn't seem to work with the isolation (access to intranet set to off) on. I get an address on my guest network in my LAN's subnet and can still access everything...

Hello, I am running 374.43_2-07j9527 and I hadn't tried it much until now, but the guest network doesn't seem to work with the isolation (access to intranet set to off) on. I get an address on my guest network in my LAN's subnet and can still access everything...

Just double checked and it's working fine for me. The shares on my main server are inaccessible and I can't even ping another device on the lan when connecting via the guest network. Can you provide any more details about your setup?

I checked my log today and I see a lot of this on the AC-68U starting Feb 28. Firmware:374.43_2-07j9527

Feb 28 08:49:03 miniupnpd[24961]: Unsupported HTTP Command <?xml
Feb 28 08:51:50 miniupnpd[24961]: Unsupported HTTP Command <?xml
Feb 28 09:18:42 miniupnpd[24961]: Unsupported HTTP Command <?xml
Feb 28 09:18:53 miniupnpd[24961]: Unsupported HTTP Command <?xml
Feb 28 09:19:10 miniupnpd[24961]: Unsupported HTTP Command <?xml

Any idea what it is? I tried googling. IDK

Just double checked and it's working fine for me. The shares on my main server are inaccessible and I can't even ping another device on the lan when connecting via the guest network. Can you provide any more details about your setup?

Hmm what would you like to know? I have 2 networks and 2 guest networks...1 for 2.4 ghz one for 5 and they have the same name. My guest network is named the same but with _Guest at the end and is listed as enabled. The Asus is running as a router and wireless.

edit: hmm disabling then re-enabling the guest networks seems to have fixed it. Weird.

I checked my log today and I see a lot of this on the AC-68U starting Feb 28. Firmware:374.43_2-07j9527

Looks like you have something on your LAN trying to connect to the HTTP interface for UPNP and is sending random XML garbage.

Just to follow up on Merlin's post....I checked and it's a legit miniupnpd error msg.
So....any new clients or firmware/software updates on your clients at that time?

Just to follow up on Merlin's post....I checked and it's a legit miniupnpd error msg.
So....any new clients or firmware/software updates on your clients at that time?

I have sooo much stuff I really don't know.
I will shut down the whole network and slowly turn the network on again. I'll update if I find anything or not.

Just got an RT-68U and want to use Fork, coming from stock is there any tricks to getting it on there or do I just use the GUI? Also, it looks like the new version will be out this week, can I just upgrade or will I need to configure settings again?

Just got an RT-68U and want to use Fork, coming from stock is there any tricks to getting it on there or do I just use the GUI? Also, it looks like the new version will be out this week, can I just upgrade or will I need to configure settings again?

No tricks....just use the gui and follow up with a reset to factory defaults before you start configuring. After you have the fork on, you can move between versions without having to do another reset/reconfigure.

I don't see it anymore. I think it was caused by XBMC that was left running on a Apple TV 2. XBMC has UPnP.

Is there any chance for an updated wireless log page like those came in the latest fw?

I don't see it anymore. I think it was caused by XBMC that was left running on a Apple TV 2. XBMC has UPnP.
Glad to hear you got it isolated. Was this on XBMC or Kodi? Kodi is still relatively new and may have some bugs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!