What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there any chance for an updated wireless log page like those came in the latest fw?
Maybe at some point, but honestly it's not a high priority for me. That being said I just finished squashing some bugs in the wireless log page I saw when testing the Guest network for a user post above, and I took the time to 'simplify' the page closer to Merlin's new page. Maybe not quite as pretty, but I think a lot more usable than it was.

Glad to hear you got it isolated. Was this on XBMC or Kodi? Kodi is still relatively new and may have some bugs.

It is Kodi. IDK what version. It's on a bedroom TV that is hardly ever used.
The Kodi team is discontuning support for Apple TV. They say it is best to use an earlier version of XBMC like V12 or 13.

Hey John been trying your latest beta and there is a issue with IPv6 that is not present in Ver-7. Looks like you may have changed something in the firewall rules because now the router is filtering ICMP messages causing IPv6 to work but at the same time it's broke. Here is what shows running a test. These results did not show in V-7.

Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.

I guess i will slide back to Ver-7 until if and when this can be fixed.

Hey John been trying your latest beta and there is a issue with IPv6 that is not present in Ver-7. Looks like you may have changed something in the firewall rules because now the router is filtering ICMP messages causing IPv6 to work but at the same time it's broke. Here is what shows running a test. These results did not show in V-7.

Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.

I guess i will slide back to Ver-7 until if and when this can be fixed.

Nope....didn't change anything with respect to ICMP (pings)....

Sure you didn't change a PC firewall?

EDIT: The very first beta release had a problem forward rules.....make sure you're using the latest level.

Last edited:
Nope....didn't change anything with respect to ICMP (pings)....

Sure you didn't change a PC firewall?

EDIT: The very first beta release had a problem forward rules.....make sure you're using the latest level.

Wow John you were right. After further investigation i have determined its my windows 7 laptop thats blocking IPv6 ICMP requests not anything to do with the firmware. Any idea how to change this on the laptop? Looking forward to the new Ver-8 final.

Wow John you were right. After further investigation i have determined its my windows 7 laptop thats blocking IPv6 ICMP requests not anything to do with the firmware. Any idea how to change this on the laptop? Looking forward to the new Ver-8 final.

Whew.....thanks....you saved me a long post (I installed the HE tunnel - 6in4 shares a lot of code with native). Anyway, it worked but with ICMP echo blocked..... after a bit of head banging I found that the Win7 firewall was blocking pings :) A tweak to the Win firewall and I'm now 19/20 with the HE tunnel!

Give me a minute, and I'll look up the firewall changes and make a separate post.

Windows 7 Firewall tweak to allow IPv6 echo
If you are failing on IPv6 test sites for ICMP/Echo blocked, this should correct the problem.

Goto Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall
In left panel click Advanced Settings
In left panel click Inbound Rules
In list of rules find 'File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv6-In)' for the Private profile (or your active profile if different) and open it
Click on the Advanced tab, under Edge Traversal pulldown, select 'Allow edge traversal'
Click on the Scope tab, under Remote IP address, select button for 'Any IP address'
Click OK

Note: If you are using an IPv6 tunnel and encounter issues....make the same change to
'Core Networking (IPv6-In)'

Edit: Additional step in italics

Last edited:
Thanks John followed your instuctions to the tee but it didn't work. It still shows ICMP is being filtered on this laptop using this site.
http://ipv6-test.com/
I wasn't sure if I accidentally created it, but do you have more than 1 echo rule under the private profile? If so, try setting them both. Also, try setting the Core networking rule....maybe I'm wrong about tunnel only requirement.

I wasn't sure if I accidentally created it, but do you have more than 1 echo rule under the private profile? If so, try setting them both. Also, try setting the Core networking rule....maybe I'm wrong about tunnel only requirement.

I will play around in the firewall and see what i can do. Maybe something with this laptop as these forums are running very slow to load are you having any issues.

Strange i have gone through every firewall rule i can find related to IPv6 and disabled it and still no go. I can however disable the local firewall all together and then it stops filtering ICMP. The setting has to be in there somewhere. :( My desktop witch hardly ever gets used has the same copy of windows 7 installed and it works fine on that machine. :eek:

;
Strange i have gone through every firewall rule i can find related to IPv6 and disabled it and still no go. I can however disable the local firewall all together and then it stops filtering ICMP. The setting has to be in there somewhere. :( My desktop witch hardly ever gets used has the same copy of windows 7 installed and it works fine on that machine. :eek:

Ok...figured it out.....check out the revised instructions.

Thanks John but that did not work for me still shows filtered. 17/20 o_O
Maybe time to try resetting Windows a bit
- Take a system restore point in case of trouble
- Under Windows Firewall, click Reset to defaults (if you have any custom rules, they'll need to be set up again or you'll be prompted to allow)
- reboot
- retry the echo instructions
- if no good, system restore back

Maybe time to try resetting Windows a bit
- Take a system restore point in case of trouble
- Under Windows Firewall, click Reset to defaults (if you have any custom rules, they'll need to be set up again or you'll be prompted to allow)
- reboot
- retry the echo instructions
- if no good, system restore back

Thanks John. I just reformatted this computer and set it all up from scratch on 3-2-15. I also set the firewall back to default after playing around in there. One thing for sure is disabling the local fire wall completely shows a 19/20 so there is something in there that needs to be disabled just cant figure it out. At any rate as long as it's just this laptop and not the router i can live with that. That said i just want to flash Ver-8 and enjoy my network. Hint,, Hint... We need the final !!! :)

Weird, I just checked my "VPN Server" page and again the spinning icon. (No "Export" button.)
I few days ago I did a power off -> power on, so I don't have a crazy high uptime now.

Every time I click on the "VPN Server" tab, I get this added to my logging:

Code:
Mar  9 23:03:07 openvpn[519]: TITLE,OpenVPN 2.3.6 mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on Jan 20 2015
Mar  9 23:03:07 openvpn[519]: TIME,Mon Mar  9 23:03:07 2015,1425938587
Mar  9 23:03:07 openvpn[519]: HEADER,CLIENT_LIST,Common Name,Real Address,Virtual Address,Bytes Received,Bytes Sent,Connected Since,Connected Since (time_t),Username
Mar  9 23:03:07 openvpn[519]: HEADER,ROUTING_TABLE,Virtual Address,Common Name,Real Address,Last Ref,Last Ref (time_t)
Mar  9 23:03:07 openvpn[519]: GLOBAL_STATS,Max bcast/mcast queue length,0
Mar  9 23:03:07 openvpn[519]: END

Previously I did a "Enable VPN Server" Off->On to fix the problem.
Now I went to the "VPN Details" page and hit "Apply". (I did not change anything, just hit Apply.)
That solved the problem for now as well.
No spinning icon, just the Export button again as expected.

Funny thing is that I still see the code sequence above added into the logging, every time when I go in and out the "VPN Server" and "System Log" page.
Not sure if that is normal. :confused:

Oh, I did a Factory reset a few builds ago. I know about the issue between VPN stock and Merlin.
This is not the case here.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!