What's new

FTP with WebUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maddis

New Around Here
Hi everyone. Hoping someone with more experience than me can help.

I have entware on my Asus RT AX86u with the latest merlin firmware. I am trying to find an FTP package with a WebUI. I have 8tb of backup data that is in the cloud that I need downloading to my local NAS drive (connected to the router).

All ftp packages i have tried installing are for accessing my local network via ftp rather than being able to transfer files from an external fpt server to my local nas.

Is there a package available that will allow me to connect to a host similar to FileZilla so i can start the restoring my cloud backup locally? It will likley take a while which is why i wanted to do this on my router rather than having my use a pc.

TIA

What is the "local NAS drive"? Is it a actual NAS device (Synology, QNAP, Western Digital, etc) or a USB hard drive attached to the router that you are calling a NAS drive? If a true NAS device from Synology, QNAP, Western Digital or similar there may be apps or modules within the NAS administration interface that can accomplish what you seek. Certain NAS devices may have modules to allow one to connect to popular online "cloud" storage sites to copy files.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Its a USB drive that i have connected to the router which i use for storing local files on my network.

My old hard drive failed but my files were backed up regularly via ftp. I now have a new hard drive and needed to download my files to the new hard drive but want to do this via the router rather than pc as my main pc draws a lot of power and dont want it running 24/7 whilst i am restoring the files. Is there something you can recommend?

Last edited: