What's new

Full cone Nat support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vexira

Part of the Furniture
Will the gt-ax 5300 or the gt-ax 11000 or the rt-ax 86u or the rt AX 88u support full cone Nat?

As far as I'm aware it can't be enabled in the rt ac88u because of the ancient kernel, I was hoping the 86u or gt 5300 would support it considering that with Merlin firmware there is an option to. Enabled it on the 86u, it would be nice if such an option was present in stock firmware.

Along with fq_codel support in qos.

Actually it's depends on Asus since Merlin did find code for it on the HND platform but it wasn't enabled, that's partly how he got it working on the 86u.

When you see that ASUS cares something, 60% of your firmware is full of bug and you think ASUS will add this option, I recommend you buy the RT-AC86U and Flash Asuswrt-Merlin if you care about that option and forget about the AX routers or buy the Netgear XR500 too support full cone NAT.

I'm running an 88u with Merlin and I'm waiting for the ax88u because of the extra ports.

Besides the new ax model will most likely be pre loaded with a never Linux kernel version or revision than the 86u

Marketing already convinced you, I hope you are not disappointed after buying that router and you are complaining in the forum, when there are already 2 good/excellent routers that offer more than what you are looking for.

Besides the new ax model will most likely be pre loaded with a never Linux kernel version or revision than the 86u
Those new router I can assure you 99.99%, that they will use the same kernel version that the RT-AC86U / GT-AC5300, because they still use the same CPU!

Last edited:
Why are you so hostile and overly concerned, and making assumptions ?
With the attitude of yours why bother responding when your already convinced, marketing hasn't got me, and I'm merely curious about the unit.

I do understand your point, but if does come down to availability, the 86u is near impossible to even get here in Australia, as far as I'm aware only one retail et stocks it and Thier charging an exorbitant price for it, the only other units that are easier to get at the 88u and the 5300 the gt variant is ludicrous ly priced

gray market :p
Have you actually had to deal with an Asus service centre, they won't even touch imports, I imported two Rp AC 68u repeaters from b and h photo and both bricked, later found it on Amazon that it was a defect in unite running a early firmware revision, Asus service centre in Sydney would not touch it told me to take it to b and h they wouldn't handle it and told me to go see Asus and Asus told me to go back to them.

No I would get Netgear after the experience I've had with their unit's, they literally broke full cone nat, in a DSL unit I had, and I had two of their unit's that were router s fail the one I first bought stopped working with full cone nat then it stopped working in general getting on the web, and 4 of the repeater units I had of theirs had issue as well, plus I have my aunt's router the same R8000 unit two friends and I had also dead, it's Wan port failed.

I'll stick with Asus for the moment, haven't had too many issues on Merlin.
If you this Asus stock firmware is bad try Netgear.

Have a look at ubiquity amplfi hd, or amped wireless, I have some grevances with Asus firmware, eg lack of fq_codel in QoS, or cake-fq_codel no full cone nat support, but you have to understand that it's not just Asus they can only fix what is available to them, some of it is closed off by Broadcom and trend micro.

I'm just quirous if it would appear in stock but if not I'd expect it

Do most folks understand the NAT - and full cone?

Many gamers are convinced this is the magic bullet to solve all their console-related port forwarding issues.