What's new

FW 3.0.0.4.260 is officially out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok. So I gave the router's dhcp service another chance (basic install), with/without IPv6 enabled on .246.20 & .260 and it's a no-go.

Terminal:~ root# nslookup
> vault
Server: 10.0.0.1
Address: 10.0.0.1#53

** server can't find vault: NXDOMAIN
> vault.maison.lan
Server: 10.0.0.1
Address: 10.0.0.1#53

** server can't find vault.maison.lan: NXDOMAIN
> ^C
Terminal:~ root# ping vault
ping: cannot resolve vault: Unknown host
Terminal:~ root# ping vault.maison.lan
ping: cannot resolve vault.maison.lan: Unknown host
Terminal:~ root# ping gateway
PING gateway.maison.lan (10.0.0.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 10.0.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.919 ms
64 bytes from 10.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.946 ms
^C
--- gateway.maison.lan ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.919/0.932/0.946/0.013 ms
Terminal:~ root#

With DAP (DNSSEC)/DNSMASQ enabled on the NAS and the router's dhcp services disabled:

Terminal:~ root# nslookup
> vault
Server: 10.0.0.10
Address: 10.0.0.10#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: vault.maison.lan
Address: 10.0.0.10
> vault.maison.lan
Server: 10.0.0.10
Address: 10.0.0.10#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: vault.maison.lan
Address: 10.0.0.10
>

Having inconsistent test results is considered as a failure.

Cheers

I'm running a HurricaneElectric 6in4 tunnel full time on my router without problem. My Facebook and Youtube visits are all going through the tunnel (I use a Chrome extension that shows a little "6" in the address bar when accessing a site over IPv6). And pinging devices on the local network works fine.

Pinging my Cisco ATA from my main desktop:

Hey, thanks for mentioning that Chrome extension. I've installed it, and hadn't realized how much my router, et.al. was using IPv6. Facebook, Google, Yahoo, etc. all use IPv6...I knew that the dual-stack thing would use IPv6 over IPv4 if both were available, but I didn't realize how much IPv6 is out there. Pretty interesting.

Last edited:
I just upgraded my new RT-AC66U's firmware from 3.0.0.4.202 to 3.0.0.4.260 but am wondering what
7. To work with download master 3.1.0.68 the tool must upgrade to DM2_2035
8. Please download the tool in the download master help page and install again.
from the release notes means. What tool? What download master help page?

Thanks.

That tool is the Windows tool you can optionally install on your PC to be able to control Download Master outside of the webui. If you haven't installed that program on your PC then you can ignore that.

Thanks. That helps.

Since I cannot see that tool anywhere on the web nor in the router's GUI nor is there any reference to it in the Users' Manual, I'll have to check the product CD tomorrow to see if it's on there. [Nope, not there either.] But that wouldn't be the new version, DM2_2035, anyway.

So, where is the download master help page whence I can download the program, I am left wondering?

Of course, perhaps since I do not yet have a USB HDD attached to the router, all this is hidden from me? [Yes, indeedy, it is so.]

Still, Asus could have made those two lines, 7. and 8., in the revision notes, a little more meaningful. :rolleyes:

========

Addendum:
So, it seems that one cannot get to the Download Master Help/Manual without installing Download Master and one cannot install it unless one has a USB HDD connected to the router. Having done that, one can then click on the Help button and then see the link to Install the Windows Utility.

So lines 7. and 8. could, more usefully, have said something like:
7. To work with Download Master 3.1.0.68 the Windows Utility (the program allowing access to Download Master from a Windows computer without using the routers web interface) must be upgraded to version DM2_2035.

8. To do this please use the router's web interface to launch Download Master (USB HDD must be attached to install it and use it) and then click on the Help icon and then on Install the Windows Utility to install version DM2_2035 of the utility.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!