What's new

FW 3.0.0.4.270 and new utilities

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I bought new AVRs (Pioneer VSX-53's) and the N66U at the same time. Have had very inconsistent airplay connections and its only successful about 33% of the time. (Although I also have a Yamaha HTR-4065 AVR that Airplay works all the time on). I was going to bring the receivers back this week but I'll see if the new FW makes a difference.

Update: Yeah! After updating to this firmware, the Internet Radio and Airplay seems to be working fine now on my AVR's. Also, my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone is now able to update/load apps from Playstore. This was a problem related to a Sprint Airave that I have connected to the router due to poor cell coverage from Sprint.

Thats great news! This firmware has been just awesome! I'm waiting for merlin's 270 firmware to get out of beta so I can use. I would recommend his firmware because of a few extra features and bug fixes that he implements. To the casual user you might not need the extra features but its nice to have just incase.

Question to RMerlin, what made the 2.4ghz so stable now? is it the new wireless drivers? will they be in your next release?

Thats great news! This firmware has been just awesome! I'm waiting for merlin's 270 firmware to get out of beta so I can use. I would recommend his firmware because of a few extra features and bug fixes that he implements. To the casual user you might not need the extra features but its nice to have just incase.

Question to RMerlin, what made the 2.4ghz so stable now? is it the new wireless drivers? will they be in your next release?

Asus has recompiled and possibly tweaked the wireless driver. This is not the major driver update that will be coming in a future release (and is still being worked on by Asus/Broadcom).

270.24 Beta 3 is using these tweaked drivers from 270.

I bought new AVRs (Pioneer VSX-53's) and the N66U at the same time. Have had very inconsistent airplay connections and its only successful about 33% of the time. (Although I also have a Yamaha HTR-4065 AVR that Airplay works all the time on). I was going to bring the receivers back this week but I'll see if the new FW makes a difference.

Update: Yeah! After updating to this firmware, the Internet Radio and Airplay seems to be working fine now on my AVR's. Also, my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone is now able to update/load apps from Playstore. This was a problem related to a Sprint Airave that I have connected to the router due to poor cell coverage from Sprint.

Update 2/10/13 - Still having problems with the Google Playstore apps updates/downloads. I don't think it is a router problem as it works fine when I disconnect the Sprint Airave. I realize this is not a problem for most of you.

Update 2/10/13 - Still having problems with the Google Playstore apps updates/downloads. I don't think it is a router problem as it works fine when I disconnect the Sprint Airave. I realize this is not a problem for most of you.

What devices? I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2, S3, Note 10.1, Dell Streak 7, a Motorola Razr and two Asus transformer primes and they're all working fine...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!