What's new

Geezers reminisce...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes, I used wire wrap a lot - at work, and at h0me. It was/is a fast way to build a prototype or low volumes of products. Easy to change/fix.

Cool I never got to work with one of those. What's up will all the switches?

Long story, but many of those switches were single throw toggles - and they represent registers and program counters - so we could enter all bits for a command, and step the PC to the next one... it's a bit more complex than that perhaps, as one needs to know the bits and the registers....

Long story, but many of those switches were single throw toggles - and they represent registers and program counters - so we could enter all bits for a command, and step the PC to the next one... it's a bit more complex than that perhaps, as one needs to know the bits and the registers....
Sound like you wrote a program to monitor the switch's bits\registers for process control.

Sound like you wrote a program to monitor the switch's bits\registers for process control.

In school - I had to write a program that check memory integrity at a mCPU level to pass the course ;)

Ussing what we would call call ASM...

We all had to know how to bootstrap a computer from cold-iron just to get there...

yes, I used wire wrap a lot - at work, and at h0me. It was/is a fast way to build a prototype or low volumes of products. Easy to change/fix.

I even used battery driven guns for Gardener Denver machine wired main frame back panels. Hours and hours for
field change orders(FCO), . When I enter the field there were still vacuum tubes, Nixie tubes, Thyristor, etc. That
was mid-'60s.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!