What's new

getting two networks to talk (Network Newbie)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ThomasW7

New Around Here
Hello

Thanks for reading my post, I think this is a general router question rather than anything specifically to do with ZeroShell VM router that I have set up.
I am a Newbie at setting up a ZeroShell router, think I done rather well so far, but I can’t figure out how to configure the final step

My setup
Exsi system with three network cards (run two networks one virtual and one physical)

Network Card 1 ETH00 DHCP internet router (management port) 192. 168.0.1 as its DFG
Network Card 2 ETH01 192.168.90.1 255.255.255.0
Network Card 3 ETH02 192.168.60.1 255.255.255.0

I am trying to set up a new test environment for Xendesktop with one network hosting the enterprise part of the network and the seconded hosting the VMS on a XenServer.

The network cards will act as the network Default gateway (DFG) both networks should have access to the internet and should be able to communicate with one another (same domain)

Configuration

Configured the network interfaces on my router with the above information

ETH00 has NAT enabled

Created a DNS FWD to 192. 168.0.1 my internet router DFG

Turned off Windows Firewall on everything

The issue

Both networks have internet access but are unable to communicate with one another

Host1 192.168.90.11 – Internet access works

Ping 192.168.90.1 – its own DFG
Ping 192.168.60.1 – other DFG
Ping 192.168.90.12 – Failed to Ping host on another side

Same if I try from the other side of the network, I am guessing I have overlooked something simple

Thanks for your help

If I had to guess, you are missing route statements for your local networks. You probably have 1 general route statement which sends all unknown traffic out to the internet.